No announcement yet.

Towing a boat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmmm cheers rich, now were can i get me a boat, so i can do some fishing????

Comment

This is one of the problems with the sea, is unregualted to a certain degree. If you think about it anyone can go get a boat and hit 25 knots going out the harbour and straight into a £500,000 motor cruiser.

There is nothing to say that you need insurance ,or any boat handling tickets to be on the water .In my view is a little daft.
      having seen some of the idiots at my local slip on a warm summers day having a total disregard for other users on the water.

lmao rant over .......sorry guys one of my bug bears
      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
        This is one of the problems with the sea, is unregualted to a certain degree. If you think about it anyone can go get a boat and hit 25 knots going out the harbour and straight into a £500,000 motor cruiser.

There is nothing to say that you need insurance ,or any boat handling tickets to be on the water .In my view is a little daft.
        having seen some of the idiots at my local slip on a warm summers day having a total disregard for other users on the water.

lmao rant over .......sorry guys one of my bug bears
        If you launch your boat privately then no there is no regulation, but for slipway or beach launching you need insurance. You can get done for not having insurance on open waters. It's ony uk waters that anyone can launch a vessel with no experience whatsoever. Go abroad and you won't be allowed th launch in open waters without an RYA powerboat2 or a minimum class 1.
        My insurance covers the boat, all passengers, third party and watersports upto £3 million. It's also covered fully comp when trailering and when stored/winterised. All for £384 a year.
        I am going for the rya2 next year cos we're taking the boat to spain for 2 weeks so will be giving Madcampbell a call, see if he'll do me a deal.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

I know thats why i took basic boat handling and have insurance for my orkney four90 fishing boat.
          A must is safety gear too .......if you want to keep safe and have fun then its the only way.
          I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Amazed about the amount of boat onwers in here, how about some photos?
            I Love Wales

Comment

Hope this worked if so its on a new trailer now.
              Attached Files
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

I just tried to edit the text in my last post and deleted the effing lot!!!

Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                  I just tried to edit the text in my last post and deleted the effing lot!!!

Back to the drawing board.
                  I wondered where they had gone did get to see them though. Very nice
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

This is mine. Sold it when I split with my ex and moved house.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      This is mine. Sold it when I split with my ex and moved house.

Looks like it's headed for Russia!

Comment

See if i can get them to stick this time!

That'll do, i'll only loose them again if i start messin!

Comment

Working...
                        X