Spotlight Wiring HELP! Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight Wiring HELP! Please

I know this has been covered before but cant find ref to what i want to do. I have 2 lardge spots from chillit, and they are very bright, i wired one into a switch, and it responded really well, and very bright, but when i paralleled the second light, they came on slowly, and slightly dimmer (still v bright) how can i wire both up so that they react quickly as it did with just one, or do i need two seperate switches for them?

Thankyou Everyone
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Diagram

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Thats what i was looking for. What type of relay is that one please?
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i used an old relay off a spare mondeo i had lying about. just make sure the ampage is the same to what you're wiring in.
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
          i used an old relay off a spare mondeo i had lying about. just make sure the ampage is the same to what you're wiring in.
          How would i go about finding the ampage of ma spots? theyre quite old you see.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Had spotlight issues last week, fitted one light to a truck, worked fine, fitted the other and both went dim, along with the headlights!!

After 5mins of head scratching, I discovered the N/S battery I'd left in the truck was bad, and it went flat while I was testing the first light.

Doh!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
              How would i go about finding the ampage of ma spots? theyre quite old you see.
              that's where i get stuck mate, mine were brand new (coz i'm flash with the cash you see) and the ampage was on the sh1te instructions for fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Had spotlight issues last week, fitted one light to a truck, worked fine, fitted the other and both went dim, along with the headlights!!

After 5mins of head scratching, I discovered the N/S battery I'd left in the truck was bad, and it went flat while I was testing the first light.

Doh!
                Thanks tony, my batts are fine, so thats that outta the way, i think its the relay issue for me, as long as i get the right relay it should be the end o my probs. Anyone know which one i need or what amps i need?

On the diagram, there are the numbers 30, 87, 85, 86, is this the same for all or what? Im sorry im ignorant where relays are concerned
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks tony, my batts are fine, so thats that outta the way, i think its the relay issue for me, as long as i get the right relay it should be the end o my probs. Anyone know which one i need or what amps i need?

On the diagram, there are the numbers 30, 87, 85, 86, is this the same for all or what? Im sorry im ignorant where relays are concerned
                  from what i can remember, the numbers on the old mondeo relay matched the diagram's, but i think i just went through the old trial and error process.

Comment

from what i can remember, the numbers on the old mondeo relay matched the diagram's, but i think i just went through the old trial and error process.
                    I thankyou, im imagining that a 20 - 25 amp relay and wires should do the trick.

What you think?
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I used a Sanyo marked 30a 12dc
                      15a 24dc
                      Brian

Comment

I thankyou, im imagining that a 20 - 25 amp relay and wires should do the trick.

What you think?
                        not sure, but for some reason my memory's saying 25-30.

you sure there's nothing on the spots you got, maybe stamped onto the lens itself?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
                          I used a Sanyo marked 30a 12dc
                          15a 24dc
                          So 30 amp, dc who and a what now?
                          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Yeah, you should find these on all relays, 85 and 86 work the coil and 30 and 87 load switch.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

not sure, but for some reason my memory's saying 25-30.

you sure there's nothing on the spots you got, maybe stamped onto the lens itself?
                              Ill have a ganders tommorow. Where would purchase a relay thingmy bob
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X