• Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav Idiots

The wonders of sat nav & the idiots the follow it's directions blindly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/7086989.stm
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

when you're lost or in an unfamiliar place, sat-nav can give you a false sense of security in respect to the front of THGTTG and all road-common sense just seems to abandon people because they trust 100% in the system.

not a justification - especially since the guy's meant to be a professional driver. my sat-nav's tried to get me to do some daft things in the past, but no matter how many times it tells me to, i'm not gonna play with my instrument while driving.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
      when you're lost or in an unfamiliar place, sat-nav can give you a false sense of security in respect to the front of THGTTG and all road-common sense just seems to abandon people because they trust 100% in the system.

not a justification - especially since the guy's meant to be a professional driver. my sat-nav's tried to get me to do some daft things in the past, but no matter how many times it tells me to, i'm not gonna play with my instrument while driving.
      Pity it didn't say get the women next to you to play with your instrument whilst driving

Comment

this does happen all the time BUT its the user not the system!ive done around bout 300 thousand miles with my tom tom,and very few probs!
        Last edited by darkdezigns; 9 November 2007, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution
          Pity it didn't say get the women next to you to play with your instrument whilst driving
          i'd lose my hackney license if i suggested that...

...mind you, then again....with some of them, maybe not!!!

Comment

i'd lose my hackney license if i suggested that...

...mind you, then again....with some of them, maybe not!!!

What if they realise they cant pay for the ride
            Have heard stories in the past about this and special favours
            as i work on the doors in my town center i know a good few taxi drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution
              What if they realise they cant pay for the ride
              Have heard stories in the past about this and special favours
              as i work on the doors in my town center i know a good few taxi drivers
              NEVER!!!!! i've been a cabbie for 10 years and the mere suggestion is insulting!!!

Comment

Yeh ok mate i believe ya

If you got a partner i'd bet you get

Comment

it also helps if roads are signed with height, weight, width length restrictions!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

There was one in the paper last week where a Czech driver followed his sat-nav and got an artic stuck on a lane cos he couldn't get under an obstruction and couldn't back up cos there was no grip. Spent 3 days there before a tractor dragged him out.
                    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      it also helps if roads are signed with height, weight, width length restrictions!
                      Yeah, if the signs were there the driver is a tool, if not you can't really blame him, and the brakes failed, he didn't just wedge it over the bridge!

You could say the truck had had its chips!!
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just noticed on your vehicle bit under your avatar, no mention of an 88' (or is it an 86, i forget!)surf...does that mean you class my old 1st gen in with loads of other junk?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          You could say the truck had had its chips!!

Comment

Just noticed on your vehicle bit under your avatar, no mention of an 88' (or is it an 86, i forget!)surf...does that mean you class my old 1st gen in with loads of other junk?
                            Its special junk, I didn't list the black 81' Pickup, 81' V8 Pickup, your old 86' Surf, Ford D series truck, Iveco Eurocargo horse lorry, 52' Fergy TED20, Caravan, lawn tractor, 94 3.0 Surf we've just parted out, etc.......

You get the idea.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              Its special junk, I didn't list the black 81' Pickup, 81' V8 Pickup, your old 86' Surf, Ford D series truck, Iveco Eurocargo horse lorry, 52' Fergy TED20, Caravan, lawn tractor, 94 3.0 Surf we've just parted out, etc.......

You get the idea.

did you ever talk linda into letting me have that pickup?... it's probably been sat there 3 years now!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X