yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global warming, the greatest scam in history!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tavvi

Always better with the image!
    thats a heath robinson affair, and no mistake!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      and why can't we see the bits of lunar modules that were 'supposedly' left on the moon with telescopes?
      Because they landed on the other side of the moon obviously.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        Because they landed on the other side of the moon obviously.

Ah yes, the bit we never see.

Comment

China's maiden lunar probe Chang'e 1 successfully entered the moon's orbit on Monday, marking a critical step in the country's year-long mission to photograph and make a detailed map of the entire surface of the moon.

So if they don't find any footprints or remains of the LEM's i'm sure they will have great pleasure publicising it.

We could soon have google Moon !!
          Last edited by icsys; 9 November 2007, 01:51.
          Ian
          One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
            China's maiden lunar probe Chang'e 1 successfully entered the moon's orbit on Monday, marking a critical step in the country's year-long mission to photograph and make a detailed map of the entire surface of the moon.

So if they don't find any footprints or remains of the LEM's i'm sure they will have great pleasure publicising it.

She died yesterday.............

oh no wait a minute, that was Nana Moon. (Eastenders)

Comment

I too don't believe all the hype about Anthropogenic Global Climate Change (which is the correct term to use). The climate is changing, just as it always has done, and always will do. Have we as a species had an effect, most probably. Have we had an adverse effect, unknown. Can we control the climate, not a chance. Should we carry on our wasteful use of resources, no, that would just be silly.

Some simple facts that pretty much aren't in dispute:

The current estimated average temperature increase over the last 125 years is around 0.6 degrees C
              The current estimated global temperature is around 14.7 degrees C, with an error margin of +/- 0.7 degrees C.

Which means that the estimated temperature increase over 125 years is within the margin for error for the estimated global temperature! That's got to tell you something.

If there is a climate change problem, and if it is man made, then the root cause is simply the fact that there are too many of us on this planet. Has anyone in power ever stood up and said we need some form of population control? No, and they never will. It's a sure-fire vote loser no matter who you are or what your agenda is.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
                Had that for ages.

Google Moon
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Had that for ages.

Google Moon
                  Hey ! You learn something every day.
                  Ian
                  One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Global Warming and our Surf's.

The human race is probably contributing to global warming, but if you do a search on Google, you will find sites which list all the companies in Europe, that would prefer to pay a fine every year, for exceeding the emission limit they are allowed, than pay to have the equipment installed which would clean the smoke.
                    Until they clean up large factory emissions and planes etc i feel any laws to reduce the public's emissions etc is purely money making and nothing else.
                    On last point, interestingly San Fransisco just banning all plastic bags and sure Ken will do same here. Many plastic bags will be replaced by renewable paper bags, made from renewable trees, but when veg oil as a large scale fuel is mentioned, its a no no as we don't have the land and would be growing on land meant for food.

Philip
                    Still Searching,
                    Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                      Until they clean up large factory emissions and planes etc i feel any laws to reduce the public's emissions etc is purely money making and nothing else.
                      I would find so-called 'Green Taxes' much more palatable if I knew that the money being raised was ring-fenced, and used to fund things like research into alternative energy sources, sustainable development etc, rather than just swelling the coffers of the treasury and big corporations.

Whilst I may not believe in Anthropogenic Climate Change, I'm also not stupid enough to think that we can continue on the path we are currently walking with impunity.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

I'm also not stupid enough to think that we can continue on the path we are currently walking with impunity.
                        I agree 100%, We can and should help, BUT its not soley Joe Public's in the UK fault, and it feels like thats the way it being portraid.

Its a world issue, the world needs to stop arguing long enough to pool recourses and sort it out. But I can't see it happening yet.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          I agree 100%, We can and should help, BUT its not soley Joe Public's in the UK fault, and it feels like thats the way it being portraid.
                          Absolutely. If we cut ALL non natural CO2 emissions from this country tomorrow, it wouldn't make the blindest bit of difference to CO2 emissions on a global scale. Every country needs to work together to tackle the worlds problems, just a shame that it 'aint going to happen any time soon.
                          Paul </Slugsie>
                          Immortal.so far!

Comment

No one has told me yet, what do I have to stop doing, or how much extra tax must I pay to stop the global warming that is also occuring on Mars....
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              No one has told me yet, what do I have to stop doing, or how much extra tax must I pay to stop the global warming that is also occuring on Mars....
                              What you have to do is quit cornering the global shed market.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Absolutely. If we cut ALL non natural CO2 emissions from this country tomorrow, it wouldn't make the blindest bit of difference to CO2 emissions on a global scale. Every country needs to work together to tackle the worlds problems, just a shame that it 'aint going to happen any time soon.
                                The biggest CO2 producer is the sea:

Seas liberate CO2 - Atmospheric temperature increases - Polar ice caps melt a wee bit - Seas get bigger and produce a bit more CO2 than before - Melt some more ice cap - Eventually the seas CO2 content is diluted too much and they can't sustain the rate of CO2 release - Natural CO2 production falls - Atmospheric temperatures drop - Polar ice caps get bigger - Seas get smaller - CO2 concentration in the seas begins to increase - Polar ice caps freeze a bit more - Seas CO2 concentration increases and as a result CO2 liberation increases. Repeat every 700 years or so.

The average global temperature today is less than it was in the 17th century, and whilst I agree the world is warming up a bit, there's nothing we can do about it.
                                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                                X