Road Tax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Tax.

Just Recieved my renewal been put in band G and Georgie boy is asking for £300 for the year,not to sure on the regs but my Surf is a 3.0 td intercooled,1st reg in Japan in 1997,reg in UK in June 06.Can anyone confirm if this is correct.An empty bank account awaits.
    Richie.

This thread may help

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...light=road+tax
    I Love Wales

Comment

just had this happen to me
      take all your docs to a local dvla office and they will sort it out, they got it wrong twice with mine
      good luck
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

24seven thanks i couldnt find that link

Comment

nope, it should be £180 quid for the year. There is a little confusion as to whether the new tax bands apply to cars first registered in the UK after 1 March 2001 or first registered anywhere after that date, even DVLA don't seem to know. But according to http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012524 the highest it can be if it was registered before 23rd June 2006 is £205 per year.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Road Tax Update

Just returned from a 3 hour battle with the DVLA,unfortunately they won't move,they say because my Surf was subject to an SVA test where the CO2 levels are declared in my case 252.3 they now accept that as official confirmation and place the vehicle in group G.This i questioned showing them the various documents off the government website they in turn phoned Swansea (so they say) and that they tell me is the official line.Anybody else feel like theyr'e being fobbed off.
            Richie.

Comment

What is the actual first UK registration date on the V5?

quite clearly according to the DVLAs own direct gov website if it was before 23rd June the most it can be is £205.00 they can't argue with that surely.

Whether it's 'the official line' or not, if it's not what's published it's wrong. I still reckon it's only £180. So go for that, and keep the £205 thing as a fall back.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Road Tax Update

Hi Nero,Vehicle was first registered in UK 12/06/2006.You make a valid point,one which i tried to use,but they where having none of it,they just kept refering to the fact that the vehicle has had an SVA test.Correct me if i am wrong but don't CO2 figures have to be supplied by the manufacturer of which none where available on pre 2001 vehicles another point i tried to use.
                Richie.

Comment

Your vehicle has had an SVA test as it's younger than the ten year limit to make sure things like lights, speedo etc conform to UK regs. As far as I know the SVA has nothing to do with the CO2 emissions and VED. If your vehicle was registered after 23rd March 2006??? then you have to pay the rate applicable for the emissions. BUT, I'm not sure if they should count the fact that it was previously registered? They should do, as it's not new. If it means them getting more cash out of you then they will do. That's this government all over.

Go to Canada like I am, you don't pay any road tax at all, and they don't do MOT's either. $30 every 6 months for a sticker on your licence plate...

Comment

What year plate has this surf got then? I thought it was illegal to have a plate that made your car seem newer than it was?
                    I Love Wales

Comment

My 1994 3.0 V6 Petrol Surf was first registered in the UK January 2005….

I pay £180 for 12 months tax
                      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Road Tax Update

Originally posted by 24Seven
                        What year plate has this surf got then? I thought it was illegal to have a plate that made your car seem newer than it was?
                        The vehicle is on a P plate.On the SVA certificate it states the CO2 252.3 this has then found it's way on to the registration certificate as well.Looks like iv'e been backed into a corner.
                        Richie.

Comment

Not at all mate, apply for a change of your log book to show in section 4 '[B] Date of First registration' as either the manufacture date, available off the EPC. Or if you can get it the date first registered in Japan. If you can't get an exact date get section 3 ammended to read '[3] Special Notes' Was registered/used overseas. Declared manufactured [insert year of manufacture]. And section 4 B left blank, and section 4 '[b,1] Date of first registration in the UK' ammended to the correct date. Discuss it over the phone to start with, and you may be able to get it resolved without actually having to get the log book changed, if that doesn't work, put it all in writing. Including copies of any official pamphlets you can get hold of to support this and quotes from their own website. It's got to be worth a try.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Would agree with the above, Its got to be worth getting it sorted, as although its £300 now, next year they could stiff you for £600

Mark.......
                            Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by bosbax
                              The vehicle is on a P plate.On the SVA certificate it states the CO2 252.3 this has then found it's way on to the registration certificate as well.Looks like iv'e been backed into a corner.
                              Richie.
                              mine shows co2 on log book aswell but they still amended the group, again good luck, local dvla office here are friendly hope yours are as well

Comment

Working...
                              X