Tire pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire pressure

I know everybody's different, but what pressure should my tires be at for normal road driving-had my surf a whole glorious month and haven't checked them yet.

Originally posted by sammy
    I know everybody's different, but what pressure should my tires be at for normal road driving-had my surf a whole glorious month and haven't checked them yet.
    Book number is 28 all round but the considered opinion is that with the 265 70 15 tyres 33 is better.

Cheers

Comment

Got 31x10.5x15, is 33psi still better?

Also seem to be wearing more on the inside at the front, Is this normal?

Cheers

Comment

I run my 31's at 32psi and it seems to work ok. As for the uneven wear - get the tracking checked. This seems to be something that needs regular checking, particularly if you do any off roading.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
          I run my 31's at 32psi and it seems to work ok. As for the uneven wear - get the tracking checked. This seems to be something that needs regular checking, particularly if you do any off roading.
          Ditto... I also run my 31" at 32psi. I tried everything from 28 to 33 but 32 seems best for my set up.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Okay peeps... I see all the 31's & 32's but what should 265/70/16's run at? At what is their equivalent in inches ?????

Ta!
            [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
              Okay peeps... I see all the 31's & 32's but what should 265/70/16's run at? At what is their equivalent in inches ?????

Ta!

31x10.50x15 is the closest...
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                One thing to check on it as well - is there a lot of slack in the steering. It could be your Steering Idler bushes on the way out - they are only plastic and wear out quite quickly. They are relatively easy to change (if you can get the ball joint apart) and only cost £1.50 each from Milners.

Mine were wearing on the inside with the tracking correct, it was the steering idler allowing the tyres to wander when travelling.

Cheers

Comment

Having never put any air in my tyres since I bought the Surf new over two and half years ago, yes you do read right. I thought I'd better give them a check. Couldn't find owt in the manual, but the sticker inside the driver door tells me that they should be 2.0 Bar all round.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    31x10.50x15 is the closest...
                    linda they said 16" = 31x10.50x16
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      linda they said 16" = 31x10.50x16
                      I think Linda is right in terms of overall diameter, 265x70x16 will work out about the same overall diameter as a 31x10.5x15 - i.e. 31 inches or there abouts.

265x70x15 work out at about 29.6x10.2x15.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim

Ta!
                        the size of the tyre doesnt matter, its pounds per square inch inside, same difference on a wheel barrow or a lorry
                        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                        [size=5][/size]
                        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                        X