Heartwarming tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartwarming tale

Hey Pirate Storm, just so you know good things happen...

An ex-colleague and mate of mine came round early last week with a request. He worked for me on a number of important programs in the past, and was a good guy.

He was in the same boat as I was until I got my new job - in other words he was gonna have to move south as his employer was relocating. None of us wanted to go so I voted with my feet and got a new (and much more enjoyable!) job - but you all know that so I wont bore you with it...

Anyway, he's been offered a job in the States. I think its an excellent opportunity for him. Incidentally... him and his long term fiance split failrly acrimoniously probably six months ago, and he was pretty cut up. A fresh start in the states would be brilliant for him. The job pays incredibly well, and he has a couple of references from a few people he's worked with out there.

He asked me for a reference. I was happy to write him a glowing one. Tonight we went for a beer or five to talk over his future, and Liverpool's victory tonight

Whilst we were out, his moby rang, and you know when you can tell that someone is talking to someone they care about?

Anyway, it turns out that since he's been offered the job, a girl he's worked with out there who keeps in touch with him on a regular basis has been keeping in touch on a MUCH more regular basis.

Seems my mate is very much smitten with this girl, and she with him.

So, after life not being able to get any worse withe the split between him and his ex, and his job moving, he is now looking forward to a new life in the USA, a new and well paid job, and being on the doorstep of a lovely girl who he thinks the world of, and who thinks the world of him.

There's lovely!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

i like it when you have had a beer (or 5)

you get all warm and fuzzy!!!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

aaaaaawwwwwwww you must be going soft in your old age m8 lol.
      its nice when people have good luck n i wish him all the best in his venture hope it all works out for him m8.

Comment

And to cap it all Liverpool score 8 goals !
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

UUUmmmmm NICE!
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

good news

All that and liverpool,s victory well pleased for him. i think tonight he should try his hand at the lottery

Comment

a girl he loves and all those V8 engines good luck in his new job

Comment

Working...
              X