Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I'm off to get my Surf... tra la la'

93 2.4 TD Auto, Blue over Silver, pretending to have done 85,000 Km,
    psychadelic tinted windows and completley OTT Bull Bars (would it make much difference to performance if I take them off - they are HUGE!).

Hand over the cash in about 1.5 hours - if I don't find anything wrong on last inspection.

Any last razor questions I should ask!

Apparently it has had a new head fitted, undersealed and well greased!

ps Excellent site, this won't be my last post!!

MG

Originally posted by Lupine

psychadelic tinted windows and completley OTT Bull Bars (would it make much difference to performance if I take them off - they are HUGE!).

Hand over the cash in about 1.5 hours - if I don't find anything wrong on last inspection.

MG
    Check the aircon!!!!!
    Ive been caught by this twice now!
    Make sure it works properly...... cos with yours as mine its about £150 ish if you need it regassing, which often isn't covered by warranty, as you need to have the new gas type put in......
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Good news, as carbonman says, check everything and check the AC, won't have been used for a few months so maybe have started to dry out the seals. Get it covered if you can, mind you people on this forum have managed to get a regas for £60 so it's not a bog deal. If the head has been replaced (hopefully with a new one not a recon unit) then the major expense has been done - apart from all those off road mods that you will just have to do.

Welcome to madness.

Cheers

Comment

Go for it !!!!! I'm picking mine up at 19.30 tonight. Sweeeeet !

Comment

Originally posted by Lupine

MG
          Welcome, just make sure you get the receipts for the new head. As for the bars taking them off might give a slight mpg increase as they do weigh a bit, what type are they how ott are they. If you are taking them off, will you be selling them hint hint
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            Welcome, just make sure you get the receipts for the new head. As for the bars taking them off might give a slight mpg increase as they do weigh a bit, what type are they how ott are they. If you are taking them off, will you be selling them hint hint
            Bwwahaaaaaaa, I just knew someone would have the spanners ready for that bullbar before he gets it home, just thought it might have been Marky.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
              Bwwahaaaaaaa, I just knew someone would have the spanners ready for that bullbar before he gets it home, just thought it might have been Marky.
              yes pete im here. you wont hear from him for days as he'll be out playing
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X