can of bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can of bees

ive got what sounds like a fan/buzzing noise coming from the left hand wing and i cant find anyway of turning it off.
    First noticed it this morning after i,d let it idle for about 5mins to defrost but just assumed it was some sort of electric cooling fan, drove a round trip of about 18 miles and when we got back it just carried on , been going for about an hour and a half now and its starting to really peesh me orf
    also, not having a manual,( and being a useless mechanic) wheres the thermostat on a 94 3.0 td

Originally posted by luap
    ive got what sounds like a fan/buzzing noise coming from the left hand wing and i cant find anyway of turning it off.
    First noticed it this morning after i,d let it idle for about 5mins to defrost but just assumed it was some sort of electric cooling fan, drove a round trip of about 18 miles and when we got back it just carried on , been going for about an hour and a half now and its starting to really peesh me orf
    also, not having a manual,( and being a useless mechanic) wheres the thermostat on a 94 3.0 td
    Have you got the AC on, it may be the AC fans which are actually under the car but the sound could sound like it's coming from the Left Hand wing.

Cheers

Comment

air cons off , engines off, ignition off, and its still going !!

Comment

air cons off , engines off, ignition off, and its still going !!
        bee's nest it is then!
        nothing electric shorting?
        Do you have an electric aerial?
        2 Tone Mud Master!
        http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

don,t know, how would i test ??

also how do you test the air con, the light on the on/off button does not come on but dont know if its just a bulb

Comment

do have a electric aerial yes

Comment

do have a electric aerial yes
              If its still going when you switch the engine off..... then thats a strange one.... try disconnecting the battery's.

My thoughts on the electric aerial were if it was faulty, my electric aerial had no aerial and sounds a bit odd when I start up as the motors trying to wind nothing up! But if that was faulty and continuously trying to windup or down it might make that sort of noise perhaphs.

Have you been able to pin down exactly where the noise is comign from, should be relativly simple if its still going with the engine off.. pop the bonnet and have a look....
              2 Tone Mud Master!

Comment

cheers chaps, aerial it was , hadnt even realised that it was an electric aerial as it hasn,t worked since i picked it up - dunno quite what the problem was but as soon as i put some pressure on the aerial to push it down the noise stopped - will get it replaced when new stereo gets fitted

still got temperature probs though - where is the thermostat on the 3.0 td 94, can only find a picture of what i presume is the 2.4 and it aint the same

Comment

Have a look here ... all you would ever want to know and more on Thermostats.

http://yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/showthr...ght=thermostat
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

cheers chaps, aerial it was , hadnt even realised that it was an electric aerial as it hasn,t worked since i picked it up - dunno quite what the problem was but as soon as i put some pressure on the aerial to push it down the noise stopped - will get it replaced when new stereo gets fitted

still got temperature probs though - where is the thermostat on the 3.0 td 94, can only find a picture of what i presume is the 2.4 and it aint the same
                    :-o

Thats gotta be the first time I got something right!
                    And its all because I ripped mine out the other day, heh.
                    Is that what they call a silver lining? LOL
                    2 Tone Mud Master!

Comment

The 3.0ltr thermostat is located on the drivers side near the turbo.

Comment

just found out that it aint the thermo.... its the ****** head gasket
                        as you can imagine i aint too happy as i only picked it up on saturday

just trying to put a stop on the cheque so that ive got some sort of hold over em

how expensive is head/head gasket for the 3.0 ???

also a/c dont work aerial dont work and according to my usual mechanic they have not changed any of the fluids at all when they (supposedly) seviced it (radiator coolant looks just like rusty water)

looking forward to speaking to them when i know the kite has been stopped !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X