what ever you do.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MTBBILLY
    Dont see much point in a 4door pick up other than putting shopping in.
    No good for blowing chip in,cant fit in bikes,wheel barrows or much else.
    I recently saw a bloke trying to put a strimmer in one and it just stuckout the side!

I spose i can kinda agree with you to a certain extent! But obviously you lose a bit of load area to fit in more passengers so its a bit of a double edged sword! whats more practical for the user? more room or more people?!

Personally i love pickups! i think in both single an double cab forms they have pro's/cons an i can accept that!

Comment

Two words - Toyota Tundra!

4 door pickup, load space big enough to park a Surf in - massive vehicle, although, not in the UK unless you import it yourself from the US.....

I think the 4 door pickup is a great idea, dual use, utility and comfort - but do agree, that the load space in the back is diminished to a certain extent....maybe if you had a rear window that went down, and increased the ability to handle longer loads, then you have the perfect compromise....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
        Two words - Toyota Tundra!

4 door pickup, load space big enough to park a Surf in - massive vehicle, although, not in the UK unless you import it yourself from the US.....

I think the 4 door pickup is a great idea, dual use, utility and comfort - but do agree, that the load space in the back is diminished to a certain extent....maybe if you had a rear window that went down, and increased the ability to handle longer loads, then you have the perfect compromise....

I think Honda have a pickup in the us where the whole back comes down.... i think its honda... could be cadillac

Either way, i'd get a Dodge over a tundra

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          I think Honda have a pickup in the us where the whole back comes down.... i think its honda... could be cadillac

Either way, i'd get a Dodge over a tundra
          There is some weird looking Honda thing there, can't remember what it's called, but yes, the back comes down and it just seems to consume anything you put in it....great in terms of load carrying ability, looks wise, could have come from some kind of lunar mission....

Dodge - please Rod, stop it - my sides are hurting!

Comment

Importing is good as dealers make too much on average joe.
            The tundra is too big especally in cornwall,and the gay love truck is a good compromise but if it was say 2.5feet longer the whole package would work.
            Prehaps i could get a donar vehicle and lengthen the chassi to find out.
            I'd like to see that - an extended, Surf pickup - that would look cool - Mark - is it too late to add a couple of feet?????

Comment

There is some weird looking Honda thing there, can't remember what it's called, but yes, the back comes down and it just seems to consume anything you put in it....great in terms of load carrying ability, looks wise, could have come from some kind of lunar mission....

Dodge - please Rod, stop it - my sides are hurting!

What!! There nice

Comment

I'd like to see that - an extended, Surf pickup - that would look cool - Mark - is it too late to add a couple of feet?????
                Have you seen the two door surf pickup on the roughtrax site? Looks quite nice... running on 35's i think.

Comment

Should someone come up with a donar for me i will happily give it a go fot the good of the nation.....IM AN ENGINEER YOU KNOW!!!!!!(to55er)

So I'm a to55er now as well??????????

I realise that you must have the wherewithall to do it yourself, I directed the comment to Mark as he is in the middle of a project already.....

Billy, you need to have some lessons in humility I think.......

Comment

Have you seen the two door surf pickup on the roughtrax site? Looks quite nice... running on 35's i think.
                    Yeah - nice job - are those the tyres for you???? Are they??????

Comment

No good for wheelin', the Surf has to long a overhang at the back anyway.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        No good for wheelin', the Surf has to long a overhang at the back anyway.

But I guess, if your chopping away anyway, you could alter the overhang at the same time, or am I being a bit simple??

Comment

I spose i can kinda agree with you to a certain extent! But obviously you lose a bit of load area to fit in more passengers so its a bit of a double edged sword! whats more practical for the user? more room or more people?!

Personally i love pickups! i think in both single an double cab forms they have pro's/cons an i can accept that!
                          im not fussed what american truck i would have, so long as its diesel and v8 and looks like one of these:

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

you might have a hard time getting your 5 foot 4 missus getting the shopping in the boot though :/
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                              you might have a hard time getting your 5 foot 4 missus getting the shopping in the boot though :/

That's what those mini trampolines are for!!

Comment

as most of you long time member will know,(newbies wont) stein is just a toy.it hasnt got to serve a purpose. ive got a 1st gen for that.funnily enough the back comes off of that too.so i can do anything i want to stein its just a rolling project.you havnt got to be an engineer to weild an angle grinder,you just need a bit of common sense.
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X