fitting a oem intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting a oem intercooler

How hard is it to fit a oem inter cooler to a surf ssr-g 3.0 on a 96 plate and does anyone here do it

Also what would i need to fit it ? would i need the ecu from the truck?
    Last edited by Retribution; 3 November 2007, 05:32.

Off the top of my head, its bonnet (or scoop to yours) intercooler and brackery , inlet manifold and associated pipework.

I'd guess the ECU would be remapped to alter fueling allowing for more air for the same RPM in the mixture, so ECU's are probably different. But they do work without it, just not quite as efficiently as people who've fitted odd 'coolers the 2nd gens have found.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If the jeep is also a ssr-g wouldn't it be close match m8 same year just the inter cooler would be different ?

Also where would the switch be for the fog lights on the rear as the front dont have spotlights YET but looking to get a set 1's that don't rust

Comment

Aren't the pipes along the back of the firewall different on the inttercooled ones too????

This is something I'd like to do, if anyone has done it, or has a full inventory of what to change it would really help!

-then there is finding a breaker......
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Not sure but i have the old phoenix power inter cooler that a side mount for the mr2 turbo but they worth around £800 2nd hand now, so i decided to speak with someone from japan about getting a surf oem 1 shipped in but want to make sure i got everything i need to get modded.
          Can get a scoop for the engine at the same time

Comment

£800 for a second hand pheonix power intercooler???? I find that hard to believe as my Trust front mount for a GA-70 with hardpipe kit cost me £170 and it was the only one in europe!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Yes m8 the phoenix power is from japan and is now no longer made try imoc (mr2 owners club) they selling when they come up for £550 - £600 without the dump valve and mine has it and all the original piping plus i added the top mount feeds for 1000cc injectors on top to run big bhp 550 600+ with forged engine and other mods
              I won 2 the rev 1 is around 325bhp and road mapped the black 1 is going for engine rebuild in jan/feb and is for track use and will be pushing 500+ bhp

Comment

I know who Pheonix power are, (I have also had three MR2s) I was just suprised at that cost... You could get a brand new Greddy/trust or blitz one for that sort of money...

Still I'm more interested in oem Surf ones for now! I haven't had much joy in finding a compete inventery of what is needed to swap yet, as I am going for a top mount I don't really want to put one one thats not a perfect fit with the bonnet scoop...

Does anyone know if the Roughtrax body panels are OEM? More specificly the intercooler scooped bonnets :P
                Last edited by Karma Supra; 6 November 2007, 11:11.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                X