No announcement yet.

New Mobile Phone. But Which One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lololol fair enuff im always changin,i still have my first mobile in loft!its a motorola brick flip lol,cant remember model,but its the one with extentable plastic aerial and 2 types of battery,if u put the heavy duty one on,phone was twice as thick lol,but seriously tell the mrs to turn T9 off its easy,!i have one and text fine!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
      lololol fair enuff im always changin,i still have my first mobile in loft!its a motorola brick flip lol,cant remember model,but its the one with extentable plastic aerial and 2 types of battery,if u put the heavy duty one on,phone was twice as thick lol,but seriously tell the mrs to turn T9 off its easy,!i have one and text fine!
      shes lazy she hates to spell the whole word lol
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
        shes lazy she hates to spell the whole word lol
        ah women,cant beat em lol

Comment

took me ages to pick a make ive had it all,motorola razr was good phone,but no bluetooth,sooo annoyin,samsung d 600 was good,till ribbon went,sony e w550i was good,so was 810i,and so is 910i,i remember bout 8 yrs ago had a sony errr j6 or j9,sumthin like that but u cud record your own ring tone lololol,it was the muts nuts lolol

Comment

techknowledgy moves soooooooooooooooooooooo fast
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I have a N95.... cant fault it at all really, exellent camera and i even like the sat nav, nice easy to use as well and if your into that gadget thing you can get a big mem card and put films on

Comment

i've had smartphones and PDAs for the last 4 years, they are all great for the first 8 or so months other than battery life. Then they go sh!te they become unreliable and buggy the battery goes flat in little more than a day and they need soft resets on an almost daily basis to keep the memory free.

The problem is a bug in windows mobile allegedly that doesn't shut programs down properly coupled with the internal memory chips allegedly slowing down and losing memory or at least that's what O2 told me when i complained.

I like windows mobile, but reliability seems far better on the Sony/Ericsson smartphones which are symbian O/S based. The downside to symbian is that it won't run memory map.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by horse_flesh
                  I have a N95.... cant fault it at all really, exellent camera and i even like the sat nav, nice easy to use as well and if your into that gadget thing you can get a big mem card and put films on
                  WHAT???

the camera's $$$$, it takes 5 attempts to focus on anything.

the Sat nav takes 20 minutes to find a satellite and won't do a full postcode search

the software keeps re-setting

the phone hangs up on people randomly

it makes dead phone calls

the battery usually lasts 36 hrs (need to charge every night)

the sound is crackly

i've got an old 6230i for work and, as a phone, its FAR better!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

WHAT???

just tried 3 with mine and all focused as quick as my sony ericsson k800i

the Sat nav takes 20 minutes to find a satellite and won't do a full postcode search
                    mine takes about 40 seconds

never happened in 3 months

yea that is its bad point.... charge mine every 2 days with normal use

the sound is crackly
                    Yea, did hear about this known prob, but never happened to me

i love mine... got 4 gb mem stick and pre loaded all the maps, great for music/vids as well.
                    Sounds like yours was kicked around a field before you got it

Comment

i've read reviews that all say the same...

i've had N70 & N73 before and the software was $$$$ on them too... just keeps freezing.

i shouldn't have bothered, but i love gadgets!!

Comment

I love my windows based smartphones myself. got everything I need and moren the newer ones are just getting faster n more reliable.

i've had all orange spv branded ones. the original spv, the e100, the e200, the c500, the c550, the m5000, and now the m700.

this has wi-fi, gps that i've loaded tomtom onto, all the windows apps like word,excell,powerpointadobe etc.

in fact i'm using it now to type this!

martin
                        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

3 have some good deals at the moment... 500 mins/texts £18

X series with free slingbox £10

that LGU990 viewty looks good too... like an unbranded updated Prada

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                            I love my windows based smartphones myself. got everything I need and moren the newer ones are just getting faster n more reliable.

i've had all orange spv branded ones. the original spv, the e100, the e200, the c500, the c550, the m5000, and now the m700.

this has wi-fi, gps that i've loaded tomtom onto, all the windows apps like word,excell,powerpointadobe etc.

in fact i'm using it now to type this!

martin
                            I had all the O2 branded ones, they're all the same though, all made by HTC just branded different. I had XDA, XDA2, XDA2i, and exec, i switched to orange in june, and have an M700 now which has been by far the best of the bunch. I love them and wouldn't be without one now, but they do seem to have more problems and bugs than 'normal' phones, if you can put up with that and poor battery life they're great.
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                              Yeah, I watched that the other night. Only downside to the N95 is it looks very bulky. Ipod phone was nice but I think it's just eye candy.

If push comes to shove I might just go for one of the new slimline Nokias.

Nah, the N95 aint bulky, larger viewing screen, believe 5MP camera, gps the quality is cracking (mate has one after I got the N70)
                              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                                WHAT???

the sound is crackly

i've got an old 6230i for work and, as a phone, its FAR better!

its sounds like the workman is blaming his tools (or you've just had a bad phone) loads of people use the N95 I know, including mate and they love it
                                Gaz

Comment

Working...
                                X