Cooling woes. PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling woes. PLEASE HELP

Right! Ive changed the Head (brand New) all gaskets and bolts, changed thermostat, water pump and radiator and cap, when surfs on fast idle its fine (heaters not getting particularly warm) temp never goes above half way. But as soon as i drive it or rev it above 3-3.5 rpm it goes up towards the red, i have locked the fan up and its still the same. and the heaters dont tend to get that warm (they did before head change). ive now parked it with the front raised and brimmed with water and will leave overnight but surely theres something wrong somewhere???

Please Help and Many Thanks...G15OST.

Echo!!!!

Comment

Was thinking the same myself.

Comment

Originally posted by G15OST
        Right! Ive changed the Head (brand New) all gaskets and bolts, changed thermostat, water pump and radiator and cap, when surfs on fast idle its fine (heaters not getting particularly warm) temp never goes above half way. But as soon as i drive it or rev it above 3-3.5 rpm it goes up towards the red, i have locked the fan up and its still the same. and the heaters dont tend to get that warm (they did before head change). ive now parked it with the front raised and brimmed with water and will leave overnight but surely theres something wrong somewhere???

Please Help and Many Thanks...G15OST.
        Been here before i think few questions, where did you get the head from?, same for the head gasket, did you flush out ALL the hoses including the small ones, heater hoses etc, i thought i'd flushed mine out well but it took mains presure to blow the gunk out the heater lines/matrex, cheaper heads/gaskets have been known to fail, block off a water way between head and block etc, are you building up pressure in the water system when it's running? i'd start with removeing and flushing all hoses and through the engine block/head, if that dont work, think your going to need to remove the head and check/replace the gasket, hope you find the cause
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
        X