It's quickie enquiry time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's quickie enquiry time

How does Corn Oil compare with Veg for running ?

Is it thicker / thinner ?

Does your baby run smoother or lumpier ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Originally posted by UDTrev
    How does Corn Oil compare with Veg for running ?

Is it thicker / thinner ?

Does your baby run smoother or lumpier ?

Trev
    Doesnt make any difference to mine, and im running corn oil all the time cos of costing. A little white spirit i.e 1litre to 15 litres, actually gives you a bit extra power and smoothnes. But my truck doesnt really do anything wildly different.

Im now in Torquay, have done nearly 600 miles on corn oil/white spirit, and have gone over the figures and over the figures again to clarify its correct, and sitting on 60mph all the way, she returned me 29mpg. No exaggeration!!!!!!

Off to St ives today.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i put 20 litres corn oil and 20 diesel, ran great but the neighbours commented that the exhaust was smellier, i not 100% sure can anyone else confirm? anyway im back to rapeseed oil now which is £8.30 for 15 x1litre bottles if you can get access to bookers(cash and carry).
      Last edited by paintballer; 30 October 2007, 08:54.
      Grant

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
        Doesnt make any difference to mine, and im running corn oil all the time cos of costing. A little white spirit i.e 1litre to 15 litres, actually gives you a bit extra power and smoothnes. But my truck doesnt really do anything wildly different.

Im now in Torquay, have done nearly 600 miles on corn oil/white spirit, and have gone over the figures and over the figures again to clarify its correct, and sitting on 60mph all the way, she returned me 29mpg. No exaggeration!!!!!!

Off to St ives today.
        youmust have got the viscosity,near damm perfect,i managed 29mpg on a 60 mph 250 mile run recently, and i use mostly diesel.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The keep global warming campaign.

Asda still doing 15 ltrs Polish Veg oil for £8.20. I thought the Veg oil was cheapest compared to corn or any other oil??
          Philip
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

managed about 29mpg on the big wales weekend. May start on the corn oil and white spirit mix. Is that 100% or are you still blending with Diesel?
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
            X