thatcham cat1 alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thatcham cat1 alarms

Do thatcham cat1 alarms make much difference to your insurance premiums?
    i was thinkin of fitting me surf with a toad alarm just wondered if it would affect my insurance much being cat1.

Yes, some insurance companies insist on them for imports
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

don't think they do much for it... a few years back they insisted on it being fitted with cat 1 to even insure for theft.

just get one for the extra gadgets!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

its the gadgets i was thinkin of too, theres some ebay alarms with remote start and 2 way lcd fobs etc at cheaper prices than toad alarm, but i have heard that some cheaper remote starts suffer in cold weather and id guess you get what you pay for with the cheaper alarms, its all a pain in the ar$e trying choose one lol ive only just bought the surf yesterday so im still undecided on me alarm, i do like all the gadgets but i want them to be reliable too, any suggestions on a decent reliable alarm what anyones got on there surfs would be appreciated.

Comment

my insurance is a pain i have to have one,if u look on flea bay a firm in essex sells viper alarms,its a budget clifford ,same internals but less than half the price!they list for 89 or best offer,offer them 80 and they will take it,even comes with blank thatcham certificate to fill out!
          and they are good i put one on the skyline,worked a treat,and u can add loads!

Comment

decided go for the viper, like you said i offered £80 and got it hopefully it will be here for weekend and i can fit it then, just got small problem of no central locking and eletric windows inop to sort first lol. thanks for the advice, much appreciated

Comment

No problem with fitting it yourself but without the embossed VSIB stamp on th bottom of the Thatchams certificate its usless for insurance purposes.
              ionic SURFactant

Comment

Cat 1 alarms are a joke anyway.... If someone wants to nick it, they will!
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

lol im sure i'll try me best to sort that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                    Cat 1 alarms are a joke anyway.... If someone wants to nick it, they will!
                    i'm sure they will but i suppose it will narrow the chances down by taking out of the equation the knob$ who havent a clue taking a chance on takin yer surf cause it aint got an alarm or imobiliser, thats my take on it anyway.

Comment

There is always that..... but I think you are better off with one of the better LCD two way pager alarms, -even most they are not Cat 1!

The reality is if someone knows how to hotwire a car, they can easily bypass a cat 1 It happened to a mate of mine, right out side his house on a sunday afternoon!!
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

IF you want to know what's going on in your car and have all the benefits of an LCD pager but with the range of a mobile phone, either go clifford, or falcon (the one at the bottom of this page http://www.falcon-security.com/products/car_alarms/)
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Working...
                        X