Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whine

No, not a rant, just a whine.

Very faint, appears to be engine or gearbox related as tone changes with one or other (haven't worked out which yet as was on the way back to work when i noticed it)

Seemed to have got quieter as things warmed up.

Have spoken to Tony (cheers for your time mate) and he had a few suggestions for me to look at, but i'm in work and tonight is the Wales trip

I plan to drive to Oswestry as planned, got to pick up my lad anyway, and monitor the situation. If it gets louder, I might have to bail unless I can nail it down as something non-critical. Hopefully it will go away and stay away!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

AARRRGGHH! see how it goes if you dont want to risk the truck you could still come and if its bad then have a ride round in someones truck i have spare seats if needed!!

Comment

The route is a North to South Wales loop - which would mean I'd have to go back to Oswestry from Neath for the truck!

I'll keep an ear to it. Hopefully it's just me being paranoid.

Comment

Is yours a manual
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

No, auto.

The other thing I was thinking is 'pump of some sort', but probably not as it disappears off load.

Comment

What's the transmission oil like is it fresh.

If it's a transmission whine it can go on for years on an auto box I'd risk it so long as the pumps working and if it gets annoying turn the radio up good luck Andy.

I'd also check the diff oil levels co's they can whine.

I'm sure Tonys keeping you right though.

CHeers JB
            Last edited by Highlander1; 26 October 2007, 14:35.
            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
              What's the transmission oil like is it fresh.
              About a year ago at Tonys. Gonna check the level when i get out of work.

Comment

I wouldn't worry. Mine has whined since I've owned it. It seems to be tranny or turbo. It's worst when the truck is cold and seems to come from underneath. When it's hot it still does it, but it's very faint. I also notice it when I rev the engine. It hasn't seemed to get worse. My guess is tranny or turbo. There is also a rattle like a bike chain rubbing on metal when I rev it too, I think this may be the drive chain in the transfer box.

You could spend a fortune trying to find it. I'm just going to carry on driving mine, then if it goes I will find out what the problem was. But as I said it hasn't got any worse.

Comment

Yeah, thats my plan. There's no fault to find until something gives up.

I was just concerned that it was something that was going to let go in Wales up behind Cader Idris tomorrow!

Anyway, if it stays the same I'll just keep a watching brief.

Comment

only whine i get on/in my truck is when missus starts moaning about shopping n prices n going to fast etc oh yeah n from kids when you drive past mcdonalds lol

wish i could have made the wales run never mind maybe next time

Comment

is it anything to do with the crash landing a few days ago you let some one have a go on your private play ground as it pushed any thing out of line .

Comment

Working...
                      X