top speeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top speeds?

what are the top speeds for a surf are the 2.4l the same as the3.0l does manual or auto make a diffrence here or not?????
    CHEERS JOHN................

Originally posted by slim
    what are the top speeds for a surf are the 2.4l the same as the3.0l does manual or auto make a diffrence here or not?????
    Hi Slim,
    Top speed for both is about the same, and is around the 100mph mark, same for auto/manual. Top speed for most Surfers is not really an issue, so doesn't often get mentioned on the forum. They cruise comfortably on the motorway well above the speed limit (so I'm told )
    Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
      Hi Slim,
      Top speed for both is about the same, and is around the 100mph mark, same for auto/manual. Top speed for most Surfers is not really an issue, so doesn't often get mentioned on the forum. They cruise comfortably on the motorway well above the speed limit (so I'm told )
      Pete

I get my adrenerlin rush at LOW speeds and ACUTE angles. Speed dont count the question is if I go in can I GET OUT

sumo.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

I thin I won the top speed competition, I hit an indicated 224 MPH on the GPS going up the A1 - mind you I had just come out of Hatfield Tunnel and the GPS didn't know what was going on.

Must be the fasted 4x4 ever.

Cheers

Comment

3.0 will do a bit more than the 2.4... around 120ish if you're daring! usually stops at just over 110mph, i think it's more limited by weight and wind resistance than power...
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I chickened out at the needle stop (indicated) and there was still some notches left before the redline. Then I remembered all the crazy things I have done off road and wondered about any unseen damage that might cause my truck to start disintegrating. And, I remebered that I still have the tyres I bought it with and that they could be as old as the truck.

I'll stick to comfortable speeds in the Surf and a bit of rough terrain. If I want to go fast I'll invest in a sports car.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              I chickened out at the needle stop (indicated) and there was still some notches left before the redline. Then I remembered all the crazy things I have done off road and wondered about any unseen damage that might cause my truck to start disintegrating. And, I remebered that I still have the tyres I bought it with and that they could be as old as the truck.

I'll stick to comfortable speeds in the Surf and a bit of rough terrain. If I want to go fast I'll invest in a sports car.
              and how fast was that?? mine goes up to 180!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Mine has seen 110....and err, I wasn't driving, someone else was.

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  and how fast was that?? mine goes up to 180!!
                  If you only get the speedo face changed then it tops out at 110, maybe a little bit more.

Comment

thanks guy,s just trying to get info on surf before i spend all my hard earnt money buying 1. iam a bit nervous in buying 1 and it letting me down as her in doors will not be happy......ggggggggggggrrrrrrr rrrrrrr
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I am going to weep!

Mine has never seen more than 80mph...I really need to get someone to look at it!!

It has 96D painted on the diff...anyone know if this means the gearing has been changed?

Cheers

Rob

Comment

blow it

100mph, 110mph, hitting the needle stop!! .........and we were wondering why cylinder heads are blowing when these cars come to the UK........!

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                          We have a 2.4 and a 3.0.
                          The 3.0 definately has more power - the problem is keeping within the speed limit as she accelerates so easily and will happily cruise at 80/90, I've had her at 100 mph no probs, with more to give.
                          The 2.4 will happily cruise at 70/80, but the acceleration is not so good, and the turbo has to work harder to keep the speed up (specially on hills).
                          The 2.4 has to work noticably harder to keep her speed up since the 31" M/T's replaced the 215/70/15 All Terrains. The turbo kicks in sooner to maintain the same speed.
                          The 2.4 is manual with 31" Mud Terrains and the 3.0 is auto with 31" All Terrains.
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Just over a ton with mine,plenty more left,had to slow down for a roundabout (allegedly, occifer......hic).