X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, think i'm being stupid!!!

Right, I think I'm being stupid but I'v just bought one of these;

http://www.direct4x4.com/index.php?p...product_id=334

Got home tonight and thought I would set it up ready for fitting. But, no matter how I look at it all the brackets look to push the door out of line .

Has anyone else fitted one & if so how did you fix it? Should the door actually be out of line?

Please shed some "light" for me.

Cheers,
    Which Wychwood would you choose?

Originally posted by hobgoblin
    Right, I think I'm being stupid but I'v just bought one of these;

http://www.direct4x4.com/index.php?p...product_id=334

Got home tonight and thought I would set it up ready for fitting. But, no matter how I look at it all the brackets look to push the door out of line .

Has anyone else fitted one & if so how did you fix it? Should the door actually be out of line?

Please shed some "light" for me.

Cheers,

Ahh.....Ive heard about using that on a Surf.... um, It wont fit! You need to bend the brackets all over the place to get them to sit right so you can close the door!!! Total pain in the......

Either bend the brackets or try and get your money back mate. It wont go on easy!

Comment

I am sure another member bought one of those and had the same probs as you matey and i am sure he ended up binning it will have a search and see if i can find the thread
      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Can you not take the brackets off and replace them with the Thule ones that will fit?
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          Ahh.....Ive heard about using that on a Surf.... um, It wont fit! You need to bend the brackets all over the place to get them to sit right so you can close the door!!! Total pain in the......

Either bend the brackets or try and get your money back mate. It wont go on easy!
          Bu66er. at least that puts my mind at ease that I'm not losing it. Looks like its back to the drawing board & get the light pod from the same company. Will keep the uni bar as I have some ideals for future use.

Cheers,

Comment

if you get the light pod dont have it on for more that 5 mins at a time as the wiring gets mighty hot .
            i set mine up and turned them on before fitting and the loom got hot .
            still works ok i just use the for hunting so dont put them on for long
            john....
            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
              if you get the light pod dont have it on for more that 5 mins at a time as the wiring gets mighty hot .
              john....
              What if you used heavier wire on an upgraded loom?

It should be better!

No point in having them if you can only turn them on for 5 mins at a time?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
                john....

You need 20amp wire!
                Attached Files

Comment

Easy...

Divide the wattage of your lightbar lights by 14.4 to get current when your engine is running. Then spec you wire for ~ 10A higher than this. You will be rewarded with satisfyingly cool wire and reduced risk of combustivenessitivityism
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Easy...

Divide the wattage of your lightbar lights by 14.4 to get current when your engine is running. Then spec you wire for ~ 10A higher than this. You will be rewarded with satisfyingly cool wire and reduced risk of combustivenessitivityism
                    Is that the total wattage? So if I had 4x55w lamps fitted it would be:

(220/14.4)+10 = 25aprox.

So 30A wire would be more than ample & safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      combustivenessitivityism
                      Wot????????????????
                      I know I can't spell to well but..........is that actually a word?
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X