• Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ....

Has anyone used one of these before ?

Click click click ..

Originally posted by horse_flesh

Click click click ..
    No but it has to be a very reliable way to do it. I have mine in the front of the thermostat housing as theres a nut that makes room for another sender.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Click click click ..
      I've got a similar one but yet to install. A few on the Aussie site are now using them for an extra gauge in the top hose and one is also installing one in the bottom hose to monitor temperature from radiator to engine. You need 32mm for the Surf.

Nev

Comment

hmm would this be able to be used to monitor fuel temperature? Since running near 100% veggie, I'd like to keep an eye on how the oil's warmed up through my heater. Maybe the tank temperature one day too
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I used one on the 2.4 for the electric fan sensor - seemed to work ok. The 3.0 top hose is bigger than the 2.4 - can't remember by how much off the top of my head, but it is different.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

so this would be ok to put in the top hose as outlet for secondary temp guage then ?

Comment

so this would be ok to put in the top hose as outlet for secondary temp guage then ?
              Yep. As long as it's an electronic gauge which are 1/8 NPT. Mechanical gauges use a different fitting. They are usually a 5/8 UNF to a M16 adapter into the hose adapter.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
                hmm would this be able to be used to monitor fuel temperature?
                Not the ones above. They are all too big for fuel lines. You should however be able to get a T piece with appropriate hose tail ends to suit the fuel hose with a 1/8 NPT port for a sensor.

Nev

Comment

Just ordered two of the below to monitor the veg temp at the tank and exchanger,i'll need a appropate tee piece for the exch, those water temp adaptors dont come in small enough bores for fuel line, they are good for water temp gauge however, stuck one in over a yaer ago, dont forget if you fit it in the top hose (like i did) it wont regester till the stat opens, not a bad thing tho, it's a pity the oil pressure "O" pot adaptor dont fit the surf, (the blue thing in the pic) think Nev will confirm the surf is one of only to vehicles they wont fit, even tho the guy said "it'll fit your truck" right, prob is even if they made one that fitted the oil filter would hit the steering shaft,
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=011

PS: dont forget to run an earth wire to the adaptor, it should come with a screw for that, as ya see in the piccy
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by POPEYE; 25 October 2007, 09:03.
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                    Just ordered two of the below to monitor the veg temp at the tank and exchanger,i'll need a appropate tee piece for the exch, those water temp adaptors dont come in small enough bores for fuel line, they are good for water temp gauge however, stuck one in over a yaer ago, dont forget if you fit it in the top hose (like i did) it wont regester till the stat opens, not a bad thing tho, it's a pity the oil pressure "O" pot adaptor dont fit the surf, (the blue thing in the pic) think Nev will confirm the surf is one of only to vehicles they wont fit, even tho the guy said "it'll fit your truck" right, prob is even if they made one that fitted the oil filter would hit the steering shaft,
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=011

PS: dont forget to run an earth wire to the adaptor, it should come with a screw for that, as ya see in the piccy

May get a couple of those oil temp gauges, on before the heater and one after.
                    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
                      May get a couple of those oil temp gauges, on before the heater and one after.
                      Yeah,wot i was thinking, once the one past the exchanger is up to around 40c it should be ok to switch over to svo, i got a heater in the tank as well so the other gauge will show me how that oils doin to

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                        it's a pity the oil pressure "O" pot adaptor dont fit the surf, (the blue thing in the pic) think Nev will confirm the surf is one of only to vehicles they wont fit, even tho the guy said "it'll fit your truck" right, prob is even if they made one that fitted the oil filter would hit the steering shaft,
                        I can see without knowing the size that it will not fit the Surf. When they say they will fit they are thinking of non turbo models with the smaller diameter filter which can be fitted with this type. You are correct in saying even if they did they would hit the steering shaft unless a very low profile one was made.. I have searched the world for a Surf adapter and never found one that will fit yet. I may design and make some when I get the time

Nev

Comment

So i will want a guage like the one POPEYE listed HERE

Sorry, this may be a bit obvious to most of you but all new to me ...

Comment

So i will want a guage like the one POPEYE listed HERE

Sorry, this may be a bit obvious to most of you but all new to me ...
                            Sorry what was the question again
                            For water? i think the guys got one left (water) but any water temp gauge will do ya, as said you can get one of them adaptors or get a reduceing bush and stick the sender into the filler neck, theres a blancing plug just under the fan sensor switch, dont know the size bush you'll need apart from the temp sender will prob be 1/8th npt, BTW the gauge i linked is an oil temp although it's prob the same bl00dy gauge with either water or oil writen in it
                            there ya go!! (no idea why it's 3 quid more than the oil one's

slight amendment, the blancing plugs to the front and above the sensor, just under the water feed to the turbo, might as well have it right

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Racex-RX1068-D...QQcmdZViewItem
                            Last edited by POPEYE; 25 October 2007, 16:17.

Comment

Working...
                            X