Brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pads

How often do u all change your brakepads , i seem to have to change mine every 8 weeks or so. This cant be right surely.

Originally posted by Mitsy
    How often do u all change your brakepads , i seem to have to change mine every 8 weeks or so. This cant be right surely.
    Damn straight its not right! I had new ones when I bought the truck over three years ago, and new ones (original Toyota) a few weeks ago before my MOT!

Reckon you must have a bunch of stuck pistons in your brake calipers.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

WOW!!! 8 weeks? Thats gotta get expensive!

I changed mine a while ago an they still had loads of 'meat' on them!

When i took my wheels off to fit my spacers down my uncles he looked at my discs an pads an after about 4-5 weeks of having them on i hadnt even worn the paint mark thing off the discs!

Comment

Makes me wonder if my next door neighbour who puts them on for me is not doing it right or not putting the new ones on.

Comment

8 weeks? Damn, do you only drive fast downhill?

Yearly is the soonest, and thats with the brakes having to stop something like 33's or bigger from spinning.

Are they all wearing down, or one sticky caliper wearing out one indivdual pad?
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Actually there are alot off steep hills around hear , but what happens is i have them put on (ones from milners) and about 8 weeks later the brake light is coming on.

Comment

Actually there are alot off steep hills around hear , but what happens is i have them put on (ones from milners) and about 8 weeks later the brake light is coming on.
              Check your FLUID!!!! I'll bet is low!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You don't have a brake light for the pads!

Its low fluid, low vacuum or handbrake on.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Check your FLUID!!!! I'll bet is low!
                  No its not low had it serviced not so long back so thats fine. But when they are taken off there,s nothing left off them.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    You don't have a brake light for the pads!

Its low fluid, low vacuum or handbrake on.

Well i thought that but as soon as they are changed the light goes off.

Comment

Well i thought that but as soon as they are changed the light goes off.
                      Thats cos the fluid gets pushed back in the pot when you push the pistons back, so the level goes up a little, as soon as they wear a little bit, the levels dropping and the light is coming on.

As Apache said, check the level of the fluid, its probably to low.

Comment

Ok i will check it tomorrow and post back, the only thing is is when i go down hill i can feel it rubbing as tho its scoring the discs.

Comment

You may also find that the rear brakes are not working, so all your braking is on the front, and wearing them too quick.

Get the rears checked and adjusted, and mybe the weight compensator tested and adjusted.
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

talking of front pads whos best millners or roughtrax or ebay thankyou in advance

Comment

milnersw = cheap,and had to replace after 11 weeks

genuine toyota ones on now just replaced after 15 months
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X