Do you offroad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you offroad ?

Just want to know...do you off-road your surf ?
    Last count we had 1099 members....obviously a large portion of them don't visit this forum on a regular basis....& just consult us when they want something.
    BUT...that still leaves a large number of regular contributors. That means YOU !
    This forum is fortunate to have some very knowledgeable people who spend a lot of time giving free advice & helping people.
    We have some keen off-roaders amongst this number.
    It just puzzles me I can understand it if you have invested big money in a shiny new surf....but all you folks with a slightly older vehicle......
    Have you never thought about....just once...taking your surf & getting it really muddy...doing what they were made for..& going off-road.
    I'm not talking about trashing your pride & joy...more ...going to a proper off-road site with a few like minded surf owners & seeing what it can do !
    Most of these sites are graded & even a novice can try them. A lot of them are checked to make sure you're not going to damage your car unless you do something really stupid.
    TRY IT ....IT'S FUN
    People on this forum use several venues & you're more than welcome !
    It's dis-heartening to organise an event & find it poorly supported.
    If it happens too often.....you'll lose them
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

You know I do, so come on the rest what about it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Not as often as i'd like to, but spring is coming
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Well you probably by now know I do as much as possible!
        How can you not when you have done it once!

If you haven't tried it, do it soon, its soo much good wholesome fun, and you can enjoy the countryside whilst you do it!

I try to go out at least twice a month, wife perimtting ;-)
        2 Tone Mud Master!
        http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Shiny Surf on it's way - and I can't wait to get it dirty

Cheers, Nick
          "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Me me

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
              Shiny Surf on it's way - and I can't wait to get it dirty

Cheers, Nick
              Yeah !! good on yer' ... Thing is 9 out of 10 surfers agree.....try it,you'll love it !!!!!
              I just thought for the folks who never have.....don,t be shy, come on & give it a go . There's always someone to offer advice & lend a hand.
              I'd say...don't go on your own...unless it's on a proper site.

Don't worry about getting stuck.....that's the beauty of going with a group.....have a laugh & a free tow out of the mire.....them tractors can be expensive
              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

do you off road

yep iam up for some of this get my surf dity stuf sounds iike good fun to me duds N/hants crew

Comment

Nope... not me

My personal feeling which is based on experience is that the Surf is much too heavy and expensive to repair to take off-road if you have an alternative.

I guess it depends on what condition your Surf is in, how you feel about damaging it, and how big your budget is but I think the people who've bought Suzuki's and other cheap 4x4's for playing in the mud have the right idea.

Comment

Elvz, you don't need to damage your Surf offroading, especially greenlaning.

Offroading doesn't have to be Dakar or Maylasian Rain Forest Challenge, Nothing is nicer than cruising down some green lanes on a Sunday.

Most people just carried away with the right foot, instead of backing out or getting a tow.

But then others like to 'get it' and have to live with the repair bills!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

ROAD WHAT ROAD? Ithought all surfs just went for the muddy stuff without asking their owner
                      No seriously folks just giving it a try was how WEgot into it and now the wife's worse than I am.
                      If you want to have a go but dont want to risk your surf there are plenty of folks on here who will take you round (and frighten the life out of you)Once you have tried you will want to do it again.As you get totaly hooked you will need to buy another 4x4 to play harder hence the suzi/daihatsu/and other cheep offroaders supplied by e-bay being n the increase.

warning : the loss of the rear fog light is compulsory and must be acomplished on the first visit or you will be asumed to be cleverer than us and a smart ass.

sumo.
                      Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:14.
                      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Off-road mine 5/6 days a week,so as you can imagine it gets very dirty.The Surf performs admirably off road,the diff lock option in 4wd is fantastic,never been stuck yet,and that is with road tyres!