No announcement yet.

Interesting website. Urban Exploration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting website. Urban Exploration.

These guys are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone told me about this website since theres a power station close by that's been "moth balled"

An intro on the site

I hope this is helpful to people:

As for what urban exploration is well this can be interpreted by different people in different ways. I personally believe that it is the exploring of abandoned buildings of which the public has forgotten or wish to forget. It also refers to the exploring of the Urban Landscape around you whether it be the Drains below your feet or the Tower Cranes above your head.

There is also Infiltration which is the exploring of live or active sites.

What Urban Exploration and Infiltration are all about is learning to appreciate your surroundings and the buildings and structures around you and seeing beauty in places where many people will not. It is also about gaining access to these places in order to document, photograph, film or just explore these places.

There are no set rules in UE just personal ethics if you do not wish to remove a board, snip a padlock, pick a lock etc... Then don’t, but don’t go telling people they should not as it is all personal choice and if they get caught then they are accountable and not the community. I believe that you should make your own mind up and not take someone else’s ethics as the rules.

To participate in Urban Exploration all you need to be is Human, there is no training required unless you start to do climbing and more extreme exploring.(just take a look at some of the members on the American exploring sites who have abseiled down plunge holes). Although a general fitness is a bonus as it helps to ensure a quick getaway or helps you to keep up with others in your group. Keeping up with the group is vital as if one person is holding you back then the whole group is being held up. I believe flexibility is a major factor in Urban Exploration as I have had to squeeze through some very small spaces in my time exploring.

There is also no set age limit as you can explore from the age of 11 up to 60. However the penalties for being caught are going to be harsher on someone over the age of 18.

A link to one of the station reports Inverkip

And the main forum covers all kinds of stuff
    Asylums and Hospitals

High Stuff
    Tower Cranes, Rooftops, Office Blocks

Industrial Sites
    Factories, Foundries, Warehouses, Collieries

Etc lots to see and some excellent pics.

Heres the main site 28dayslater
    Last edited by smiffy; 21 October 2007, 17:26.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

And this one better than google earth for Sat' pics. Well in my area anyway

Flashearth

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
      These guys are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone told me about this website since theres a power station close by that's been "moth balled"

An intro on the site

I hope this is helpful to people:

As for what urban exploration is well this can be interpreted by different people in different ways. I personally believe that it is the exploring of abandoned buildings of which the public has forgotten or wish to forget. It also refers to the exploring of the Urban Landscape around you whether it be the Drains below your feet or the Tower Cranes above your head.

There is also Infiltration which is the exploring of live or active sites.

What Urban Exploration and Infiltration are all about is learning to appreciate your surroundings and the buildings and structures around you and seeing beauty in places where many people will not. It is also about gaining access to these places in order to document, photograph, film or just explore these places.

There are no set rules in UE just personal ethics if you do not wish to remove a board, snip a padlock, pick a lock etc... Then don’t, but don’t go telling people they should not as it is all personal choice and if they get caught then they are accountable and not the community. I believe that you should make your own mind up and not take someone else’s ethics as the rules.

To participate in Urban Exploration all you need to be is Human, there is no training required unless you start to do climbing and more extreme exploring.(just take a look at some of the members on the American exploring sites who have abseiled down plunge holes). Although a general fitness is a bonus as it helps to ensure a quick getaway or helps you to keep up with others in your group. Keeping up with the group is vital as if one person is holding you back then the whole group is being held up. I believe flexibility is a major factor in Urban Exploration as I have had to squeeze through some very small spaces in my time exploring.

There is also no set age limit as you can explore from the age of 11 up to 60. However the penalties for being caught are going to be harsher on someone over the age of 18.

A link to one of the station reports Inverkip

And the main forum covers all kinds of stuff
      Asylums and Hospitals

High Stuff
      Tower Cranes, Rooftops, Office Blocks

Industrial Sites
      Factories, Foundries, Warehouses, Collieries

Etc lots to see and some excellent pics.

Heres the main site 28dayslater
      I used to work with someone who contributed and ran a site. She mainly did asylums. Mel Rhys.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        I used to work with someone who contributed and ran a site. She mainly did asylums. Mel Rhys.
        Sure you were not a patient!!!!!!

Comment

im sat here lookin thinkin to myself bunch of weirdos lol then realised id been lookin for an hour!
          like lookin at a real life horror film!

Comment

Working...
          X