for Smiffy an Slim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for Smiffy an Slim

I know, i know.... Its a cr*p doodle! But i cant get a decent shot of the TJM mounts to save my damn life!

So this will have to do!

The picture is a basic outlay of how the TJM fits on, Its in two pieces. The first is like a cradle that literally bolts onto the chassis ends (on the recovery hook an bumper mount points as in pic)

Then its beefed with up some support brackets that aren't visible after fitting, From that two 'arms' come up (as in pic) Each of those has 3 bolt holes of which the bumper then bolts to that, All the winch bits etc go on the cradle part, The actual bumper is just there to 'house' the winch.

Hope this is of some use to you guys, I know it aint great by any standard but if it points you in the right direction then...

Good luck

Nice one Rod,good man. So the bottom 2 bolts that hold the recovery hook on is the fixing for the bumper. The original bumper brackets are used as well : thumbsup:

Many thanks,you da man.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
      Nice one Rod,good man. So the bottom 2 bolts that hold the recovery hook on is the fixing for the bumper. The original bumper brackets are used as well

Many thanks,you da man.

Spot on mate! Glad you understood!

So yeah, the bumper is bolted on in 8 places. If your building a bumper/winch bracket i would hazard a guess once you got some form of cradle made up then you would be able to just weld everything onto it!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
        Spot on mate! Glad you understood!

So yeah, the bumper is bolted on in 8 places. If your building a bumper/winch bracket i would hazard a guess once you got some form of cradle made up then you would be able to just weld everything onto it!
        Thats the plan.!!!!! Get it in its cradle then weld weld weld till its strong enough.

Heres a wee drawing i done of my first idea. What you think???

www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Thanks rod, that makes sense m8, think im gonna do mi body lift first then concentrate on this bumper...
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
            Thats the plan.!!!!! Get it in its cradle then weld weld weld till its strong enough.

Heres a wee drawing i done of my first idea. What you think???

Looks smart mate!! Like the 'stinger' approach! Looks like youve got more then enough support for it in your drawings. Lookin foward to the finished product mate!!

You need any more info at all, give me a shout!

An Slim, No problem mate! an its definatly a good idea to get any body lift done first. Either that or you'll end up with a gap of x inches!

Comment

Working...
            X