Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension/Lift HELP!!

Hi to everyone,

I am in the middle of negotiation for a 1996 3.0 TD Surf and I want to find out about giving her a lift when I get her.

I have been doing some research and I am not sure what brand to get and how high to get. I do not want a huge lift so as to make her look comical or cartoonish but just high enough to make her look more intimidating.

This link shows an idea of the lift I am hoping for........

http://www.bigone-web.co.jp/images/p...b/CIMG9280.jpg

I have been looking at having some parts purchased and loaded into the Surf before it leaves Japan and Jaos seems to have some nice things such as Bull Bars and Mud Guards.........They also produce a line of items branded with the name BATTELZ including a suspension/lift kit. Does anybody know about this line and if it is good or not?

Please, I would appreciate any advice as I have NEVER done a lift on any vehicle and I dont want to screw it up.

Thanks Everyone!!!

Skylacker

is that all suspension lift or is that suspension and body?
    if you getting parts from japan, speak to rodleach. he is dying for a set of jaos mudflaps
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That looks like a 2" lift ......on a 3rd gen thats done with springs.
      I think someone on here got a 'old man emu ' lift kit that will do that was austrailian
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

That pic isn't that big 2-3" max, and still on standard tyres. Procomp, OME, Rancho etc all make 2" lift kits for 3rd gens, TJM do a 40 or 60mm lift. Procomp and TJM are easist to scource over here.

If you want bigger then you needd to add a body lift on top.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          is that all suspension lift or is that suspension and body?
          if you getting parts from japan, speak to rodleach. he is dying for a set of jaos mudflaps

Did someone say Jaos mudflaps!?!?!?

Comment

Jaos mudflaps coming from japan to the bahamas
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
              Jaos mudflaps coming from japan to the bahamas

Sheeeeite!!

Back to the drawing board!

Comment

sorry i assumed he was from the uk like most of us..
                but i just made an ASS out of U and ME... :p
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                  sorry i assumed he was from the uk like most of us..
                  but i just made an ASS out of U and ME... :p

it always throws me when we get people outside the UK here!

But ah well!

Comment

Chair for Rent

What - like these?

There was I thinking 'first thing I'll do is chuck the naff flaps'!

Buy It Now on ebay for how much?

Don't suppose they're easily transferable.

Comment

Originally posted by tavvi
                      What - like these?

There was I thinking 'first thing I'll do is chuck the naff flaps'!

Buy It Now on ebay for how much?

Don't suppose they're easily transferable.

Mate! how much do you want!!!! I will paypal you direct mate!!!

PPPPPPPPPPLEEEASE! Im begging you!

EDIT: There was a set on ebay a while ago that sold for £60 somet. Im happy to give you more mate.
                      Last edited by RodLeach; 21 October 2007, 13:40.

Comment

Your need is greater than mine

Vahicle is not due in the country until December - I'm hoping pre-Christmas but it may be nearer New Year. Treat them as reserved for you. No idea what's a reaonable price but I certainly won't be difficult to deal with - email me a suggestion. Let's just hope they don't go walkies between now and then. Oh and if you get a set before then elsewhere no probs. Might need advice on removal to ensure no damage. Also vehicle is arriving at Bristol - not sure how far that is from you but if easier happy to arrange a meet up so you can remove yourself.

Comment

Vahicle is not due in the country until December - I'm hoping pre-Christmas but it may be nearer New Year. Treat them as reserved for you. No idea what's a reaonable price but I certainly won't be difficult to deal with - email me a suggestion. Let's just hope they don't go walkies between now and then. Oh and if you get a set before then elsewhere no probs. Might need advice on removal to ensure no damage. Also vehicle is arriving at Bristol - not sure how far that is from you but if easier happy to arrange a meet up so you can remove yourself.

Bristol aint too far from me mate, Quite often end up there!!

If you give me your Email address i'll send you an offer mate, Im more then happy to give you cash in bristol or whatevers best mate.

Comment

They're Yours

Have sent you a couple of mail messagees - which apparently allows you to see my email address - but I thought everybody could see it anyway!

Comment

Have sent you a couple of mail messagees - which apparently allows you to see my email address - but I thought everybody could see it anyway!

Hello mate, Got your messages and ive sent you some back! Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X