Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BASH plate!

I know how they got their name now...

Let my mate have a drive on my private offroad area today. Down off the earth pile on the very steep bit, which drops almost vertically for the last foot or so...

Well, if you've seen my bash plate, the front is almost vertical, and we used it as a spade! Talk about a sudden stop! The front tow hook was filled with earth too.

Is that what they mean by vertical landing?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Did I read somewhere mate that you designed this plate and someone made it for
    My brothers after one can you help out cheers
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
      Did I read somewhere mate that you designed this plate and someone made it for
      My brothers after one can you help out cheers
      Happy to post up the design, but you'd have to arrange having if fabbed up cos the guy who did it is usually mad busy so cant speak for him.

Comment

apache , i guess its made from stainless but how thick? it does look good tho
        Grant

Comment

It is stainless. I think it's 4 or 5mm. Ally would do if a bit thicker, and would be easier to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Happy to post up the design, but you'd have to arrange having if fabbed up cos the guy who did it is usually mad busy so cant speak for him.

am trying to fab up something this week,so this may be helpful,by the way mate he's not mad busy..just mad
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

oh no he is.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

oh yes he isnt!!!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                  oh yes he isnt!!!
                  oh no i am.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache]Happy to post up the design, but you'd have to arrange having if fabbed up cos the guy who did it is usually mad busy so cant speak for him.

First class mate that should do nicely I will mock it up and test fit then pester some contacts with a press brake to do a proper heavy gauge one
                    Kerrsurf say Thankyou Apache
                    Brian

Comment

No need to mock it up. It fits. I'd reduce the lower angle by about 2 or 3 degrees for a PERFECT fit. My initial measurements were a couple of percent out.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        No need to mock it up. It fits. I'd reduce the lower angle by about 2 or 3 degrees for a PERFECT fit. My initial measurements were a couple of percent out.
                        quality mate thanks
                        Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X