No announcement yet.

how to swr a cb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make sure there is no moisture under the mag mount. Also if you have a connector in the coax wrap some insulating tape around it so that its shorting on the body work. if you got a pre swr aerial you should not have any trouble. my swr is 1.1 and that is with a heavy duty mag mount and pre swr whip
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

The biggest problem with HF it does not suit Mag mounts.....Get a proper mount and make sure you do as much bonding to deck as you can....VHF gets away with through capacitance but HF is a different matter
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
        make sure there is no moisture under the mag mount. Also if you have a connector in the coax wrap some insulating tape around it so that its shorting on the body work. if you got a pre swr aerial you should not have any trouble. my swr is 1.1 and that is with a heavy duty mag mount and pre swr whip
        "theory boy" here,
        when i tried to put my mag mount directly in the middleof the roof, it wouldnt work at all,it was the only bit of body work with polish left on it
        but just at the edge of the sunroof ,where the paintwork had dulled,it worked fine. it said on the instructions that the whip aerial was already "factory preset" and required no swr ,meter setting?

could this be so?

i have an swr meter and patch cable,butwas tring to avoid disconnecting the lead as its a right bu55er to get back in
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
          "theory boy" here,
          when i tried to put my mag mount directly in the middleof the roof, it wouldnt work at all,it was the only bit of body work with polish left on it
          but just at the edge of the sunroof ,where the paintwork had dulled,it worked fine. it said on the instructions that the whip aerial was already "factory preset" and required no swr ,meter setting?

could this be so?

i have an swr meter and patch cable,butwas tring to avoid disconnecting the lead as its a right bu55er to get back in

The manufactureres only bench tune the antenna's to the general frequency, with a particular ground plane, your car will not be the same size as their ground plane, and there are many more variables, I'll try to find you a link.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Found this link, it may help;

http://www.firestik.com/CatalogFrame.htm

Go to the bottom, and click "read our article"
            Last edited by plumb bob; 21 October 2007, 21:52.
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              Found this link, it may help;

http://www.firestik.com/CatalogFrame.htm

Go to the bottom, and click "read our article"

Hehehe!! Firesticks, I used to have a four foot firestick on a Mini back in the eighties, looked like a radio controlled car!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Hehehe!! Firesticks, I used to have a four foot firestick on a Mini back in the eighties, looked like a radio controlled car!

The Americans love 'em, can't see it myself, like having a broom handle on yer motor.
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  The Americans love 'em, can't see it myself, like having a broom handle on yer motor.

Yeah, not very subtle are they?

Comment

Working...
                  X