Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning

I'm a complete new kid to all this but tomorrow I plan on getting under the bonnet and giving the engine a clean. There is an oil leak so I figure if I get it all as clean as I can it'll help the VM guys who're checking it over to see what the score is. Also gonna clean the air inlet pipe as its got oil in it...
    Is there anything I should/shouldn't do?

Also any other hints/little jobs you'd all reccommend that a newbie can do with a spare weekend.

Sorry to sound like a proper clueless wonder but meh... ask me one on... erm... Sunday morning hangovers...

Always in the sh*t! Depth: Various.

Gunk is a pretty good degreasant, give everything a good coating, leave for a while and then jetwash off.

Don't jetwash any of the radiators/condensors, as they are fragile, and can b damaged by high pressure water jets.

Don't (obviously) get any water into the air intakes to the engine or the fuse boxes.

Most other stuff in the engine bay should be able to cope with the water.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

ive jetwashed my engine twice since going to toms farm, and i still have mud everywhere, i think i need some gunk,
      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Cheers Bob!

Now to find the German version of Gunk...

No habla England!

Comment

Did a google search
          http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=l&vi...rch+Businesses

These guys might know
          http://www.onlineaccount.de/autoteil...ublic/show.php

Good Luck!
          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Cheers Amigo!

Didn't even think of google to be honest. Sat nav set to post codes and me and my daughter are off adventuring about town today!

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X