lucky escape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lucky escape

I had a lucky escape after the surf decided to go on an off-road jaunt this morning.
    I was driving down a dual-carriage way this morning enjoying the adverse weather conditions when I hit a large spot of black ice....next thing me & the surf were fishtailing our way towards the central reservation.
    Due entirely to my superb driving skills I missed the centre barrier & when I opened my eyes I was heading backwards over an embankment & slid sideways into some trees.
    The inclinometer said we were at 30+ degrees & the drivers side doors were wedged tight into the shrubbery.
    When Plod turned up a very nice HGV driver yanked me out backwards onto the road.
    Only damage spotted so far is a cracked indicator, bent step & a dent in the front valance that was done when they pulled me out of the trees. The recovery also destroyed my front wind deflector which snapped off as they pulled me out.
    Unfortunately since I got in from work tonight it now refuses to start. Doesn't turn over ...just clicks....Just as well I've got Homestart
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
    I had a lucky escape after the surf decided to go on an off-road jaunt this morning.
    I was driving down a dual-carriage way this morning enjoying the adverse weather conditions when I hit a large spot of black ice....next thing me & the surf were fishtailing our way towards the central reservation.
    Due entirely to my superb driving skills I missed the centre barrier & when I opened my eyes I was heading backwards over an embankment & slid sideways into some trees.
    The inclinometer said we were at 30+ degrees & the drivers side doors were wedged tight into the shrubbery.
    When Plod turned up a very nice HGV driver yanked me out backwards onto the road.
    Only damage spotted so far is a cracked indicator, bent step & a dent in the front valance that was done when they pulled me out of the trees. The recovery also destroyed my front wind deflector which snapped off as they pulled me out.
    Unfortunately since I got in from work tonight it now refuses to start. Doesn't turn over ...just clicks....Just as well I've got Homestart
    Sounds like you had a lucky escape Geof, the main thing is you are OK, cars can be mended!! You can get some good stuff from Halfords to clean up the smelly stuff off the drivers seat
    Pete

Comment

Glad you're ok m8, surf can be fixed, must be something about surfs and trees, they seem to attract each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
        Glad you're ok m8, surf can be fixed, must be something about surfs and trees, they seem to attract each other.

Brittania Rescue just gone......took him about 45 mins in the snow to reconnect a snapped connection on the starter
        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Get youre pants changed mate. lucky escape you had
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Glad you are OK mate.
            I keep eyeing those tyres with the pre-drilled stud holes. Got to be handy if the new ice age is on its way.
            A lesser car might not have survived the battle!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Glad to here your ok Geoff, and save the tree dodging for easter and LANGDALE.

"Due entirely to my superb driving skills I missed the centre barrier & when I opened my eyes I was heading backwards over an embankment & slid sideways into some trees"

Its amazin how if you use the FORCE any thing can happen.

Hope the sufr is fixed before April.
              sumo.
              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Glad you're ok Geoff and the surf saved you from serious harm!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

dad you said there was no damage and i havent notice that the front deflector was missing and i heard you with the car not starting then it started i heard because you wake me up

Los

Comment

Originally posted by laurasnuts
                    dad you said there was no damage and i havent notice that the front deflector was missing and i heard you with the car not starting then it started i heard because you wake me up

Los

ssssshhhhhhhhhhh don't tell mum.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

So I'm sat there down this enbankment ,in the middle of these trees & my first thought.......I'm thinking......AAAGGHH....if I've trashed it,that'll put the kibosh on langdale!!

Comment

Working...
                      X