springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• springs

I got a set of +2 springs from LA Supertrux about 3 - 4 months ago after the weekends off roading the left one is sagging about 3" down.

I’m in the process of contacting supertrux to get them replaced or a refund sent off some pics and they have forwarded them on the the manufacturers. Do you recon they will kick up a bit about the fact it’s been off road??

Second where is the best place to get some LC springs? Do they still provide the same amount of lift?? And what model/age do i need?? Any other mods needed to fit them to a surf?
    Last edited by hiroler; 16 October 2007, 15:11.

Well, you have an off-road car, so there should be no excuses there.

Milners for the LC springs, you're after the rear springs for an LC HDJ80 http://www.milneroffroad.com/HDJ80.HTM

They will give a 3" lift. It's advisable to make a few additional adjustments when fitting these - you'll want some drop plates for the roll-bar links, and you'll need to adjust the brake bias valve. You may also want to fit some longer shocks if you will be off-roading as the standard ones will limit downward travel. I wouldn't bother too much about the pan-hard rod, with the 3" lift the axle will be about 4mm off centered, not enough that you can really tell.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

I already have 2 inch lift and rear arb has been removed so they should drop straight on and i have the drop bracket for the panard rod but its not fitted yet!! on that point i had a look i got the 4crawler drop bracket and it comes with an extra bolt hole do i need to drill the chassis to fit it???

also are the LC springs L and R handed like the surf ones??
      Last edited by hiroler; 16 October 2007, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
        I already have 2 inch lift and rear arb has been removed so they should drop straight on and i have the drop bracket for the panard rod but its not fitted yet!! on that point i had a look i got the 4crawler drop bracket and it comes with an extra bolt hole do i need to drill the chassis to fit it???

also are the LC springs L and R handed like the surf ones??
        From my experience, if you intend on doing any hard offroading, then don't use a drop bracket for the panhard rod, get an entended/extendable one. The forces exerted on the chassis and bracket are very high, and it can do some messy damage to the chassis and bracket (as I found out unfortunately). However, even without altering the panhard rod the difference is only a few mm, so it's not an issue if you don't do anything.

The springs aren't handed, so no worries there.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

i am too getting the landcruiser springs , my wife and myself do a lot of on road driving my question is the anti-roll bar , remove it completely or make new top (chassis) mounts and if i make new ones they will have to be 3" lower down than before, right?
          Grant

Comment

Originally posted by paintballer
            i am too getting the landcruiser springs , my wife and myself do a lot of on road driving my question is the anti-roll bar , remove it completely or make new top (chassis) mounts and if i make new ones they will have to be 3" lower down than before, right?
            I would just take the arb off altogether cause its just 1 more thing to end up failing the mot on else
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Hiroler,
              Just a crazy thought but is it defo the spring and not one of the torsion bars? Mine was down on the drivers side looking from the rear and I had to lower the left and raise the right front torsion bars. Dont ask me why but maybe due to chassis pivoting?
              Also, if you cant really notice the axle being skew by looking at the front to rear wheel alignment then dont worry about the panhard drop br. Also if your wheel arches aren`t too bashed then you can also check rear axle alignment by measuring the gap between tyre and arch on each side. Yes, it is a great thing to take/keep the ARB off as still behaves fine on road on the hard shock setting or with firmer aftermarket shocks.
              cheers,