heres a weird one for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heres a weird one for you

right, when i turn the key in the ignition to the first and second stage, the auxilery fan on the rad switches on, as soon as i start the truck it switches off and doesnt come back on , it used to stay on all the time and the temperature guage never ever went above halfway.
    now that the auxilery fan isnt coming on , when i am going uphill and putting my foot down, the temperature goes up to 3/4 temperature after about 1 minute but as soon as i get off the accelerator the temperature drops back down to half way.
    has anyone got any suggestions for this weird behaviour. or is it normal that the temperature rises when giving it some
    cheers
    animal
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

have u checked the wires are still connected to fan?did u get it wet?lol,prob the switch thats gone duff,or maybe with the temp thing,the temprature sender?

Comment

the wires must still be connected as it comes on when i turn the key to the second stage but goes off as soon as i start it
      i did get a bit wet yesterday at toms farm

Comment

but if come lose they will arc,prob on,but id just check,pull aprt,wd40,then back together,then u know its not water,if still same will be tempsensor/sender

Comment

cheers for that , ill have a look tomorrow

Comment

the backup fan will come on if the plug is disconnected. It run's off a 2nd switch, not the same sender that runs the guage. Don't understand why it goes off again when the engine is running though. It is the white plug, just below and in front of the temp sender that controls it.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

dont sound right that! if you wnat to rewire it as per matt's original idea (i think) this diag may help, if you just want to use the one fan, disregard one 70amp relay and led, assumeing you want an led to show the fans on,
              i'd have thought if your sensor was buggered the fan would be on all the time (as long as the ign's on) check the sensor wire for chaffing, and test the sensor, test light to pos and the end of the sensor, should light up as it's permantly earthed till the temp breaks it, no light! sensor ferked, rewireing it will give ya better controll tho and allow it to run on after the ign's off, you'd be surprised how the heat builds up after ya switch it off, mines kicked in 5 minuits after i've left the truck before,

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

right that diagram means nothing to me, its just a load of lines and circles

and where did 2 fans come from, i have the main viscous fan on the engine side of the radiator, and one extra fan on the outside of the rad

Comment

Originally posted by animal
                  right that diagram means nothing to me, its just a load of lines and circles

and where did 2 fans come from, i have the main viscous fan on the engine side of the radiator, and one extra fan on the outside of the rad
                  Thats wot i was saying, you got one fan, i put an extra one on, if you just want to use your one then you (or perhaps someone near where you live can convert it with help from the drawing, this is nowt to do with the viscios fan,
                  or if you want me to help ya with it i'll be glad to, believe me if i can do it anyone can, i'm as thick as a donkeys dick

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                    believe me if i can do it anyone can, i'm as thick as a donkeys dick
                    tis true,ians the only person i know who drives round with his bottom pulley loose. did you get it sorted in the end mate,???
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

nice one cheers, i am useless with wiring diagrams, i just need to get it sorted as i dont like seeing the temperature rise like that when im driving it, and as i said the fan used to be constantly running, now its never on with the engine running

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                        tis true,ians the only person i know who drives round with his bottom pulley loose. did you get it sorted in the end mate,???
                        Still waiting for rodger to send the new one m8, cheque to clear etc, also ordered a new key so untill it all arrives i dont know the state of the crank

Comment

Originally posted by animal
                          nice one cheers, i am useless with wiring diagrams, i just need to get it sorted as i dont like seeing the temperature rise like that when im driving it, and as i said the fan used to be constantly running, now its never on with the engine running
                          No worries, pm me if you'd like me to go through it with ya, you can get the bits from these guys or local factors, you'll only need one 40amp relay (i used 70's as i was going to fit four fans orininaly) one 5 pin changeover relay, a double pole/double throw toggle or rocker switch, fuse holder, 3mm heavy wire and some standard wire, oh and a led and holder, if you want it, not nesissary tho unless you deaf like me
                          http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.e...e/homepage.php

Comment

Working...
                          X