yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got any experiance of powder coating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
    are they stock wheels?
    No there not, They look like split rim's but there not. They just have studs in.

just a 16" 5 spoke alloy..... Do you want me to hunt for a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      err you sure they aint lead

Might be!! Maybe the 2.4 aint so underpowered!

Its just got lead wheels

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach

Might be!! Maybe the 2.4 aint so underpowered!

Its just got lead wheels

They could be, cos they ain't arf heavy when ya take 'em off.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Powdercoating is fooking awesome!!!

I arranged a group wheel refurb a few months back for some people on my forum, we used a chap near Preston whe has a compay called WRC (Wheel repair Co.) I cannot reccomend him highly enough, and if there are enough of us he is happy do do group discounts. - he even drove down to collect out wheels!

His finishes are fantastic, I had an experimental finish of chrome powdercoat mixed and tinted to give a titanium effect, My girlfrend had her wheels powdercoated in gloss black with red metal flake, the finish was unbelievable!! (I'll try adn get some pics)

These are my wheels on the Supra, in the "titanium" powdercoat.

He doesn't just do wheels, he'll do anything, he did all my intercooler pipes, and will be fine with stuff like bull bars etc.

If there is enough interest I could have a word with him about a group deal?
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
            Powdercoating is fooking awesome!!!

I arranged a group wheel refurb a few months back for some people on my forum, we used a chap near Preston whe has a compay called WRC (Wheel repair Co.) I cannot reccomend him highly enough, and if there are enough of us he is happy do do group discounts. - he even drove down to collect out wheels!

His finishes are fantastic, I had an experimental finish of chrome powdercoat mixed and tinted to give a titanium effect, My girlfrend had her wheels powdercoated in gloss black with red metal flake, the finish was unbelievable!! (I'll try adn get some pics)

These are my wheels on the Supra, in the "titanium" powdercoat.

He doesn't just do wheels, he'll do anything, he did all my intercooler pipes, and will be fine with stuff like bull bars etc.

If there is enough interest I could have a word with him about a group deal?

NICE finish!! I would be really interested in sorting something out with the guy if its possible?!? My alloys arnt too bad but they just need a lil touch up... but i think black they could look just awesome!!

I'll sort out a pic soon.

Comment

He can also sort heavily curbed or even slightly bent wheels.

I think it would be pretty cool to have bull bare, rear wheel carrier, wheels and and roof bars, side steps all done in the same powdercoat
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Every time i go onto Yotatech i convince myself i want black wheels!

I was going to spray them but im 90% sure i'd just fcuk up my alloys!!

So powdercoat is an option?

anyone got any advice? Should i organise getting black wheels? Should i leave them alone? out of the 5 one is pretty bad the other 4 are in quite good condition!

Theres so many things i want to do on this truck! I just wish i could sort them all out sooner!

Still waiting to get paid so i can get that body lift kit of Tony!!!!
                mmm - pros and cons.... i just managed to get 4 orig rims for £21 off ebay, got a good price of £15 per wheel to blast and powder coat, all done now and the good ones look fantastic but the 2 bubbly ones look a bit dodge, not too bad as the price per wheel was very cheap, in hindsight i would have gone for just blasting then spraying myself with good primer/layer/laquer as advised by me old man ! (mind you he has loads of l**d rovers), as he said if the powder coat gets scratched they look cr*p, if you spray them and they get scratched spray them again
                Bunkle
                Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

If its done properly any bubbles will be removed. The wheel I posted was curbed, bubbly and had big corrosion patches (usual toyota wheels.....) It was bead blasted then sand blasted, and repair/smoothing work done, and only then powder coated, the finish is the same as a quality paint finish. (As the pics show!) I highly reccomend this guy, and I'll be using him again to sort my Surf wheels when I have some money!
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Every time i go onto Yotatech i convince myself i want black wheels!

I was going to spray them but im 90% sure i'd just fcuk up my alloys!!

So powdercoat is an option?

anyone got any advice? Should i organise getting black wheels? Should i leave them alone? out of the 5 one is pretty bad the other 4 are in quite good condition!

Theres so many things i want to do on this truck! I just wish i could sort them all out sooner!

Still waiting to get paid so i can get that body lift kit of Tony!!!!
                    if you dont mind the cost have them blackend its like a dip for putting on a coating of (i think its an acid mix with zink) not sure tho
                    i dont know were you could get it done tho
                    my old gaffer made me use it in sted of sending (ali panels) off to be blackend
                    (same thing has them black wall screw's)
                    must be some company near you that will do it there is round were i live
                    i carnt think if then name (blackend) was its real name or just one he used to call it
                    but we use it in hard core industral level so it would not hurt your weels just make them look good forever it dont come off once done
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

he only does bike bits???lolol doesnt like cars?

Comment

Right, I got a shot of my wheel.

Anyone able to mock up some pictures of them being black or really dark grey?? Im going to give it a shot on MS paint... might end up a bit messy!

Comment

not great but...
                          Attached Files
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

wasn't really the look i was going for,
                            but here's a sort of straight titaniumish finish and a darker titanium

=========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

if they come out anything like Karma Supra's alloys then I would be well chuffed TBH!
                              Tim
                              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Cheers for your efforts guys! Lookin good!

Dirtydog, Yeah i agree the finish on Karmas alloys looks awesome!!

I think if i got them powdercoated black and then did something with the stud bit to make them silver, that would look awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X