Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Another newbie in distress

Hey guys,

I am trying to remove the wheel liner on the NS front to gain access to the aerial mast.

Firstly, is that the best way to access it, secondly if not what is.

Also the liner seems to be bolted in places and rivited in others, so how am I supposed to remove it to gain access inside the wing?

From what I can see and feel of the aerial assembally it all seems to be contained in a waterproof bag is there a way of replacing the mast without damaging this bag?

If anyone has any help advice or better still an idiots guide to changing aerial masts it would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Adam

Sorry all just answered some of my questions searching the forums

I have now removed the mast by pulling it out the top whilst putting the power on, however, there appears to be no plastic cable attached and I cant see any of it in the hole to remove it, does this mean I now have to strip the motor to locate and remove it or does it mean it has disintergrated and fallen else where?

Cheers

Comment

Rivets will need to be drilled out. Remove the aerial assembley. There's only one bolt holding it to a bracket as well as the top nut. Slip the plastic cover upwards, remove the cover from the aerial and take out the broken cable. Replace the cover and reinstall. Feed new aerial mast in under power.

Nev
      Last edited by NiftyNev; 12 October 2007, 12:20.

Comment

Just been to the Toyota garage to get Genuine Toyota parts, about £34, and will be in when I am working just round the corner.

I am a little worried about cutting the rivits off, and replacing them, are they standard on the surf? or is it something someone has done before and replaced the screws with?

I should be able to replace the rivits too, just seems like a fair old task

Comment

Working...
        X