X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by truckarms
    I like it apart from the colour.
    why are beadlocks illegal?

No idea mate!!! All it does it lock the tyre to the rim so if you run at low pressures the tyres dont fall off the rims whilst offroading etc!

so for them to be illegal is just a total no brainer for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      No idea mate!!! All it does it lock the tyre to the rim so if you run at low pressures the tyres dont fall off the rims whilst offroading etc!

so for them to be illegal is just a total no brainer for me.

They are illegal for street use in some states in the U.S.A. but I can't find anything about use on our roads......................... ...yet!

Comment

OK, it looks like it's one of those slightly 'grey' areas.

The site I had read the info on was Straight Forward Supplies. They sell custom bead-locks, and advertise them as not suitable for road use (although I can't find the page that said that now). I found this forum post on the Baja Club website which suggests that Straight Forward Supplies only say that to cover themselves from an insurance point, and that as long as they're well made Beadlocks should be fine.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

The arches need modifying, and it needs something more than a big lift. Bull bars, roof lights, wider tyres, wind deflectors.... anything, just something else aswell.

The rear suspension needs the drag links/trailing arms extending to relocate the rear axle back a bit so the tyre sits away from the front of the rear arch - then you could probably get away with just modifying the rear quarter bumpers so it looks right.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Working...
          X