Snowing hard in Bristol 14:20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol was carnage tonight

It took me 30 minutes to travel the first 100 yards home. The whole city and every road around was locked solid. I only got home by heading out of the city down roads that I was taking by pot luck, and it still took me 2 hours to get the 8 miles. The bus company took all of the buses out of service because they couldn't go anywhere??

I doubt whether the people on the outskirts realised the amount of snow that fell in the centre this afternoon, especially up on The Downs. On top of that everyone left work 'early', and bingo, the biggest snarl up I have ever seen.

Never mind though,auto box, lazy engine, just let it crawl along and not even have my foot on the pedal! My head is still intact too, must be a good sign!

Comment

Snowing in London this morning on the way to work and the trains were all b******* due to heavy snow in the Winchester/Southampton area apparently!!!

Fingers crossed for lots tonight - then we can play in it all weekend!!!
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Absolutly nuffin! B!oody country! gemme some snow!!!!!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but FWD does not mean that you can drive in snow as if it wasn't there. Even FWDs have to use snow chains sometimes[4]. So please be carefull guys an' gals.
          John
          http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Had to re-read the whole topic a few times to try and make sense of the last post. I was thinking FWD meant Front Wheel Drive, then the penny dropped that it was supposed to mean 4WD.........

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Surfer
              Sorry to be a wet blanket, but FWD does not mean that you can drive in snow as if it wasn't there. Even FWDs have to use snow chains sometimes[4]. So please be carefull guys an' gals.
              John
              or ice spikes

go to sheffield, nearly got me truck doing donuts with the diff lock on!... bit scary!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X