shall I buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shall I buy it?

looking for an intercooler and found one from an Isuzu Trooper 3.1 or a Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8, with a fan. Which would be best to go for?
    Isuzu
    50.00%
    Mitsu
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by captain_chaos
    looking for an intercooler and found one from an Isuzu Trooper 3.1 or a Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8, with a fan. Which would be best to go for?

If you have a body lift, get the Trooper one. If not then get the Paj one and fit it on the side like Dieselboy.

Comment

try to get one with reversing brakes built in
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        If you have a body lift, get the Trooper one. If not then get the Paj one and fit it on the side like Dieselboy.
        getting 2 inch body lift at end of November

Comment

getting 2 inch body lift at end of November

Trooper it is then. Then all you need to do is find The lovely boyo's write-up.

Comment

Oh i have that WRX one still i forgot to get back to you! I will bring it to wales for you if you want it!!

Comment

Trooper it is then. Then all you need to do is find The lovely boyo's write-up.
              yeah, but i liked the idea of the fan on the pajero one. Suppose could make a fan up to go on the Isuzu

Comment

yeah, but i liked the idea of the fan on the pajero one. Suppose could make a fan up to go on the Isuzu

Can't see that the fan does much to be honest.

Comment

well I bought the Isuzu intercooler. The idea of the fan is so that at low speed air can be pulled through the cooler as there would be no charge air.

Comment

well I bought the Isuzu intercooler. The idea of the fan is so that at low speed air can be pulled through the cooler as there would be no charge air.

Yeah I know, but at low speed it makes no difference 'cos you won't be needing the extra power.
                    I know what you're saying though, when in slow moving traffic the heat from the engine will soak into the 'cooler, but as soon as you get above 40mph the airflow through the 'cooler from the scoop will over come that anyway.

I suppose you'll need a scoop now then?.

Comment

Yeah I know, but at low speed it makes no difference 'cos you won't be needing the extra power.
                      I know what you're saying though, when in slow moving traffic the heat from the engine will soak into the 'cooler, but as soon as you get above 40mph the airflow through the 'cooler from the scoop will over come that anyway.

I suppose you'll need a scoop now then?.
                      Well it may help give some extra power when I get stuck, frequently. Next step is to find a scoop, and not a poop scoop lol

Comment

Can't see that the fan does much to be honest.
                        my mates paj has it, and its on a lot, and ive not noticed it.. his paj is very slow. i dont blame that on the intercooler though
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                          my mates paj has it, and its on a lot, and ive not noticed it.. his paj is very slow. i dont blame that on the intercooler though
                          I may get the turbo tweeked, what did you do to your's?

Comment

all that i have done to mine is fit washers to space the actuator from the turbo so that it stays closed for longer giving more boost pressure.
                            the saturday before we went out, i added another washer to make 5 washers on each bolt. this raised the boost from 9psi to 10psi during the day (during the night, or at times when its foggy, or there is drissle the boost is higher)

the ammount the washers space out is about 8mm (im guessing) but i was going to make it 6 washers, but im now worried the bolts arnt long enough to do that.
                            i do have a bleed valve, thats disconnected.. i couldnt work it. every way i connected it up it stopped the actuator from opening at all, giving me 15-16 psi.

just that 1psi increase and you notice the difference. its not a lot, but it is noticeable. its like when on an old car i had, you run a standard £1 air filter, and then take it off completely and you notice the difference.

my cone filter is attached to a 90 degree rubber elbo and bolted onto the turbo directly - i havnt come up with a better idea for this yet so its staying there.

i might try and fit a rubber seal around where the scoop meets the intercooler so that all the air entering the scoop, has to pass over the cooler. then what i will do is fit water spray over that.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                              all that i have done to mine is fit washers to space the actuator from the turbo so that it stays closed for longer giving more boost pressure.
                              the saturday before we went out, i added another washer to make 5 washers on each bolt. this raised the boost from 9psi to 10psi during the day (during the night, or at times when its foggy, or there is drissle the boost is higher)

the ammount the washers space out is about 8mm (im guessing) but i was going to make it 6 washers, but im now worried the bolts arnt long enough to do that.
                              i do have a bleed valve, thats disconnected.. i couldnt work it. every way i connected it up it stopped the actuator from opening at all, giving me 15-16 psi.

just that 1psi increase and you notice the difference. its not a lot, but it is noticeable. its like when on an old car i had, you run a standard £1 air filter, and then take it off completely and you notice the difference.

my cone filter is attached to a 90 degree rubber elbo and bolted onto the turbo directly - i havnt come up with a better idea for this yet so its staying there.

i might try and fit a rubber seal around where the scoop meets the intercooler so that all the air entering the scoop, has to pass over the cooler. then what i will do is fit water spray over that.
                              hmm sounds good, may give it a go later on after I get intercooler sorted. Like the idea of putting the air filter closer to the turbo, but can't do that to mine now. Putting a snorkel on the passenger side so going to keep air fitler in original place, could put K&N filter in though. Hopefully with all this will make for a quicker 2.4, just gotta be careful of

Comment

Working...
                              X