Lowered Surf,why,Why,WHy,WHY??!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered Surf,why,Why,WHy,WHY??!!!!!

Saw a lowered Surf last week during a visit to Auckland. Gave it one look and had to look away, Brought tears to my navy blue eyes. Why would people butcher a good vehicle like that. I don't like the political correctness that seems to plague the western world, but honestly there should be a law against this and an asylum for those individuals!!
    Like the chap here with his "StarFire" Nissan Pathfinder, an absurd wing on the back ( same size as a Suberu WRX) and a massive airdam on the front, tuh-tuh, why buy a 4x4 then?!!! Can't 4wdrive properly and can't boyrace either. Well he can never do a bit of 4wding in the morning like us other lot. No park near factory, no problem sir, there's a lot of parking next to the railway line, 6inch mud, no problem sir, got to use the 4wd system, good for it.
    regards
    Paul - NZ
    PS how do I get the smileys in my message????
    Last edited by SurferNZ; 15 September 2003, 04:52.
    [COLOR=darkslateblue]Paul - NZ[/COLOR]

Originally posted by SurferNZ
    Saw a lowered Surf last week during a visit to Auckland. Gave it one look and had to look away, Brought tears to my navy blue eyes. Why would people butcher a good vehicle like that. I don't like the political correctness that seems to plague the western world, but honestly there should be a law against this and an asylum for those individuals!!
    Like the chap here with his "StarFire" Nissan Pathfinder, an absurd wing on the back ( same size as a Suberu WRX) and a massive airdam on the front, tuh-tuh, why buy a 4x4 then?!!! Can't 4wdrive properly and can't boyrace either. Well he can never do a bit of 4wding in the morning like us other lot. No park near factory, no problem sir, there's a lot of parking next to the railway line, 6inch mud, no problem sir, got to use the 4wd system, good for it.
    regards
    Paul - NZ
    PS how do I get the smileys in my message???? smilies.....click on them on the left of your post to open them, then just click on the one you want
    saw one on e-bay last night, was it like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=18290
    Last edited by gemini; 15 September 2003, 08:59.
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      saw one on e-bay last night, was it like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=18290
      looks stupid lowered.... altough I do like the smoothed tailgate....
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        theres a lifted one as well, dont like the add on arches but the truck is ok, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=18290
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

No It was lowered even more. looked like the tyres would scrap over even the smallest bump.

Comment

No It was lowered even more. looked like the tyres would scrap over even the smallest bump.
            Paul - NZ
            PS i see no smmileys left of my message, just the ones at the top. Is it something I need to select with my profile??

Comment

i am not one to diss someone elses ride, it is up to them if they want to ruin it then its up to them, but they love them just as much as we do so whatever floats your boat, saying that i saw mx5 convertable with a fast and furious wing on the boot, it was up above the roof , looked like a toy car . i just dont get it
              so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by SurferNZ
                Paul - NZ
                PS i see no smmileys left of my message, just the ones at the top. Is it something I need to select with my profile??
                go to profile, signature, on the left is should say smilies are on, if not click on it
                Last edited by gemini; 16 September 2003, 00:03.
                [size=5][/size]

Comment

Paul,
                  You need to chill a little mate. What someone does with his Surf and his hard earned cash is individual choice, living in a free world, live and let live etc. I've seen them with 17 inch wheels and low profile tyres, not for me, but the owner thinks it's cool. Do with your property what you will, and f**k what anyone thinks, thats what I say, G'day!!
                  Pete

Comment

Yeah saw that lowered beast on Ebay too.

It's all wrong!

Personally I think the Surf looks great as nature (or Toyota) intended, but if you're going to mess with its "suspenders", the only way is up!

Rob
                    Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "You Sir are drunk!"
                    "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Lowered Surf ???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jim
                      [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                        Paul,
                        You need to chill a little mate. What someone does with his Surf and his hard earned cash is individual choice, living in a free world, live and let live etc. I've seen them with 17 inch wheels and low profile tyres, not for me, but the owner thinks it's cool. Do with your property what you will, and f**k what anyone thinks, thats what I say, G'day!!
                        Pete
                        Don't worry I don't care really. Just knew I'll get some reaction.
                        Tho "lift" seems "right" and "lower" seems "wrong", but we could probably learn fron their experience too.
                        Cheers Paul - NZ

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                          yeh thats something I've thought about. Its a pity he stood directly behind it when he took the pic and then theres a big line down aroundabout where the RHS reverse light would be so the picture doesnt do his work justice, would like to see a better one taken

that said, maybe the UK runner one is d best

Comment

Originally posted by JimL

that said, maybe the UK runner one is d best
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              behave you chromeless surfer

Comment

Working...
                              X