Why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why???

Why are 3 door Surf's so fround upon? I've tried selling mine but no - one seems to want a 3 door even though it was the cheapest on sale!!!
    Might have to try selling it on here instead then....

I guess it's the old sales pitch that you can sell a four/five door car to someone looking for a 2/3 door, but not the other way around.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiler
      Why are 3 door Surf's so fround upon? I've tried selling mine but no - one seems to want a 3 door even though it was the cheapest on sale!!!
      this will make u laugh or cry local garage has just sold my brothers old 3 door a 89 g first of the 2 gens, its taken 2 years but it was up for £3295.00
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Smiler
        Not family friendly I imagine - alot of 4x4s are family school run cars. Don't often carry passengers so not fussed meself. I would think for a family it would be a right pain in the @'''' gettin the kids in the back - especially in car parks.
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

I very rarely have passengers in mine, it's normally just Me and Harley, and sometimes no1 son too, but I still like the four doors, easier to put coats and shopping and stuff in the back seats.

I think the four doors are generally a more useful vehicle, if you want a 2 door, buy an MG
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            I very rarely have passengers in mine, it's normally just Me and Harley, and sometimes no1 son too, but I still like the four doors, easier to put coats and shopping and stuff in the back seats.

I think the four doors are generally a more useful vehicle, if you want a 2 door, buy an MG

How bludy bigs ya coat??????? Trust me - I move all the horse gear around in mine no worries - never been an issue - mind u when hubby takes it to work he complains about the lack of doors.......must be a man thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs

How bludy bigs ya coat??????? Trust me - I move all the horse gear around in mine no worries - never been an issue - mind u when hubby takes it to work he complains about the lack of doors.......must be a man thing.

It's a big coat

You know us men, we need more space for junk 'n' stuff than women do
              Rob

Comment

I much prefer two door cars, or coupe's, but I like a Surf to have four doors for the reasons Bob just said.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  It's a big coat

You know us men, we need more space for junk 'n' stuff than women do

Well there is that I spose......

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    I much prefer two door cars, or coupe's, but I like a Surf to have four doors for the reasons Bob just said.
                    There should be no diff though!!!!

Comment

There should be no diff though!!!!

Definitely needs a diff, otherwise I'll keep skidding around corners!

Comment

2- doors on a surf is just a way of saying ive got class without opening your mouth
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Definitely needs a diff, otherwise I'll keep skidding around corners!

FAF - OOoooohhh don't make me laff - hurts me throat an makes me cough.....

Comment

I would honestly prefer a 2 door. But agree 4 doors are more practical. For a start me mutt wouldn't get in a 2 door. He can't get in the tailgate - i have to put the back seat down and let him in the side door.
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                              I would honestly prefer a 2 door. But agree 4 doors are more practical. For a start me mutt wouldn't get in a 2 door. He can't get in the tailgate - i have to put the back seat down and let him in the side door.
                              Do what me mate did - she has a lifted LC - bought a ramp for the dogs to run up so she doesn't have to lift them in - 2 doors or 4 make no odds then

Comment

Working...
                              X