replace brake fluid float switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replace brake fluid float switch?

Anyone know where I can get a replacement brake fluid float switch, the brake light stays on constantly but goes out if I disconnect the float switch so I'm happy thats the problem, I've put it on a meter and the float going up and down changes the resistance (about 0.4 down and 0.7 up) I guess this isn't disconnecting enough so I think I need a new one, anyone got one or know a source
    Thanks
    Darren
    Last edited by Darren; 8 October 2007, 19:16.

Best bet is Toyota main stealer, probably won't cost much.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Just spoke to the local stealers they want £56.74 just for the cap with the float sensor in it, even the bloke at the dealers was surprised at the cost. Think I might be looking elsewhere, has anyone got a surf they are breaking?

Comment

try this number thay have sent me a few things. not the cheapist but they break allot of surfs!! 0121 326 8045

Comment

thats a lot of mohoney!

do you reckon if its the float switch, when the light doesnt come on at all? even if you dont have any fluid in there?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            thats a lot of mohoney!

do you reckon if its the float switch, when the light doesnt come on at all? even if you dont have any fluid in there?
            I've tested mine with a meter and I can see the switch isn't working properly, it should come on though if there is no fluid in there. you could test the wiring by unplugging it and connecting the two wires on the car side with something and then the light should come on if all the wiring is working.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
              try this number thay have sent me a few things. not the cheapist but they break allot of surfs!! 0121 326 8045
              they're closed now but I will try again tomorrow, thanks for that
              Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                I've tested mine with a meter and I can see the switch isn't working properly, it should come on though if there is no fluid in there. you could test the wiring by unplugging it and connecting the two wires on the car side with something and then the light should come on if all the wiring is working.

ah, ok, i will try that some point.. cheers! should do it soon really, my brake compensator failed in the middle of france on the way home, and the fluid completely ran out in the res! i didnt know until i had no brakes!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                X