Strange....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange....

A few weeks ago i ran into the back on some lady in my local supermarket , i was only doing about 1/2 mph.... done the usual, exchanged info etc... a few day later my ins company called me just to confirm the details of the incident, nothing strange here i thought !
    so, at the begining of this wek got home from work to find a card through my door from a claims investigator from my ins comp, so gave him a call, he then told me that the people in the other vehicle were making a claim for injury sustained and there ins company had appointed them a layer.... oh yea...here we go, there are pulling a fast one !! so he took a full statement from me and all the details , fine i thought untill last night, went out for a indian at my local and who was there ?? ...the driver of the other car, so i turned to here and said "hows the injury ?" ...she looked baffled and then i proceded to have a bit of a go saying that she looked fine to me and had been smiling and having a good old time.
    then i found out that she genuinely had no idea what i was talking about and told me she has not even been to see a doc or does not know anything about a lawyer and even aggreed to phone my ins company to tell them she is not making a claim for injury now or in the future....

now im really confused, is the ins comppulling a fast one or have the got me mixed up with some other case ?
    anyone else ever had anything like this happen before ??

something definately sounds a bit dodgy there, i reacon its their insurance company pulling a fast one to make more money out of yours,
    definately look into it further and kick some ass
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Flippin eck!

Both of you should call/write to each company - as combined you can get to the bottom of it, as they can't tell one of you something that is supposed to come from the other, cos you'll know it won't have!

Then - get on to you local CAB, and have them look into this - if it is a genuine mistake (sounds unlikely) then let it go, otherwise take it public, if this kind of thing happens a lot, then expose it, tell them you are going to take it to your local paper, then BBC.......
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Could an onlooker have overheard you giving your details ?

Wondering if, rather than the 2 Insurance companies, a 3rd party is trying it on.
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Unless her 'genuinely not knowing anything about it' was a big fat lie because you caught her out.

A very similar thing happened to me. Hit someone at similar speed - no damage to either car, not even paint marks. Next thing I'm getting letters off her Ins. co saying she's having nightmares (WTF!!!), cant stand up, cant work anymore etc etc. I asked them if she was that badly injured, why did she not recieve medical treatment at the scene, rather than carry on into Asda to do her shopping (I was going too and she was in there pushing a trolley)

I told them and told them to f*ck off in no uncertain terms. Then rang my ins.co and told them what was happening. The guy just laughed, told me not to worry as people try it on all of the time. Nowt happened in the end cos my ins.co said they'd ask her for medical evidence if she wanted to push it.
          Last edited by Apache; 6 October 2007, 16:44.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X