1,000 litre tank, ideal for the veggies out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,000 litre tank, ideal for the veggies out there

I havent the space or i would have bought it, ebay item 190159224605, amazing price buy it now. Too good not to post on here, thatll allow someone to buy bulk from a main outlet or supplier, ask tesco's where they get it from etc.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Mmmm plastic tank not round here at moment mate getting truck vandlised on regular basis plastic tank of veg in garden will be red rag to a bull me thinks
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Oh dear, thats not very good is it? Good price though eh?
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
        Oh dear, thats not very good is it? Good price though eh?
        yes if had big outbuilding would concider it
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          yes if had big outbuilding would concider it
          I just havent a big enough garden, even though i could trailer it. Swine because i want it and i have a direct refinery supply min 1,000 litres
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

suppose could bury tank and pump out the veg when you need it
            Pops

Comment

suppose could bury tank and pump out the veg when you need it
              Yeah and then an underground lab and i can do testing on ma cat
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

dude dont do it !!!

i had a good read about veg oil last night,and it seems that it will degrade ,by microbial action quite quickly.it seems that a certain microbe which is attracted to a constituent of the oil, will digest it and release some form of sulphide.if you consider we breath in an oxygen mix and breath out carbon dioxide,these microbe breath in veg oil and fart out sulpher!!

not withstanding sulpher's excellent flammability it will eventually turn corrosive.this appears to happen over a period of months though,but.......as you are considering using a 1000 litre tank you may find that some of it becomes unusable,(unless anyone else here has a bulk storage and never suffered any probs in which case i will sit down and be quiet)
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                  dude dont do it !!!

i had a good read about veg oil last night,and it seems that it will degrade ,by microbial action quite quickly.it seems that a certain microbe which is attracted to a constituent of the oil, will digest it and release some form of sulphide.if you consider we breath in an oxygen mix and breath out carbon dioxide,these microbe breath in veg oil and fart out sulpher!!

not withstanding sulpher's excellent flammability it will eventually turn corrosive.this appears to happen over a period of months though,but.......as you are considering using a 1000 litre tank you may find that some of it becomes unusable,(unless anyone else here has a bulk storage and never suffered any probs in which case i will sit down and be quiet)
                  Its a good idea to show concern about these things actually, it is all very scientific. Worth considering, but i would imagine that as tesco veg oil has an expiry daye of a couple or 3 years it may be prep'd in a different way so as not to be affected, but it is worth checkin that the bulk you buy is preservative prepared.

Cheers buddy
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Correction i was wrong, veg oil should last you best part of a year before going bad. So if you cant use 1,000 litres within 10 months say, then only get what you will use.

I personally use 2,499 litres a year
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

bugga i just did my sums i done over 1000 miles last month wheres that tanki will strap it on roof of truck
                      Pops

Comment

bugga i just did my sums i done over 1000 miles last month wheres that tanki will strap it on roof of truck
                        Filey thats east coast near scarborough
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                          Filey thats east coast near scarborough
                          could picked it up last week was up that way well close
                          Pops

Comment

could picked it up last week was up that way well close
                            Ah weel it'll get snapped up at some point
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

you only get about 8 mounth out of veg oil once its opened even it you reseal it after once air has toutch it it starts to dekay (gose whiteish)
                              best way use a water butt rised about 3ft in the air
                              mix in that (i got 200lt tank) get water butts in all size's
                              i use it easy in 4 weeks no problem
                              but i only mix once a mounth
                              jerry cans of diesel from asda veg oil from batley's
                              easy to pipe off too no mess no fuss no fooking oily runns on your drive
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                              X