Wvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200
    any soluble is below a size of 25 microns.indiesel, in particular, you have some free radicals which can be muti molecular sized.(approaching pasrticulate size).as fat is highly combustible under a presure greater than i atm and salt is extremely flammable(as is any miniscule sized powder) at the molecular level, i just wondered.we only filter clean water to 25 microns,and then disinfect with something exceeding the soluble/particulate barrier.any particulate should be taken away by the filter , any thing bigger will burn. i ask mate cos 1 micron is a very small space!!!.
    i have ner me some glass microfibre filter pads which when used remove a huge amount of whatever it is im looking for,be it phosphate molecules iron or just some formof suspended solid.to filter 1 litre through the papers i have can take up to an hour and these are 45 micron wide openings,just a little confused cos as mentioned,below 25 microns in size any thing is in a dissolved state and therefore can be treated differently to a solid/particulate
    Well im impressed mate, changed my mind, pillowcase and in you pop(fuel in tank i mean) so the fats would be ok left in the oil? I always went on side of caution, and now thin k iwas wastin time
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
      any soluble is below a size of 25 microns.indiesel, in particular, you have some free radicals which can be muti molecular sized.(approaching pasrticulate size).as fat is highly combustible under a presure greater than i atm and salt is extremely flammable(as is any miniscule sized powder) at the molecular level, i just wondered.we only filter clean water to 25 microns,and then disinfect with something exceeding the soluble/particulate barrier.any particulate should be taken away by the filter , any thing bigger will burn. i ask mate cos 1 micron is a very small space!!!.
      i have ner me some glass microfibre filter pads which when used remove a huge amount of whatever it is im looking for,be it phosphate molecules iron or just some formof suspended solid.to filter 1 litre through the papers i have can take up to an hour and these are 45 micron wide openings,just a little confused cos as mentioned,below 25 microns in size any thing is in a dissolved state and therefore can be treated differently to a solid/particulate
      Right!!! well of course i thought everybody knew that

So if if i set up a pillow case and then let it run through a cartridge filter i should be ok then,

When i was talking to Mr surf he said his mate boils his oil for 24 hours after filtering which removes all the water that may be present, thought it a bit extream myself cos what you saveing in useing wvo your more than loseing in gas bills (unless ya doing it at work)
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i really dont know the process for making/filtering biofuel,svo,wvo,etc, but(and it is a big but) i micron(i millionth of a metre) is an exceedingly small space,in fact it may be smaller than some of the svo molecule(dont know just surmising),and correct me if im wrong,but it suddenly occurs,isnt oil a soluble fat?

if you remove the emulsifiers then it will stay"runny" add some emulsifier(i think its called whey in butters case) and voila margarine type stuff.

i am reasonably sure that once all the large particulate is remove(pillowcase sounds good) then the product you are left with is perfectlt suitable

im sure biofuel producers will tell you different,probably because they do have to justify production costs
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

i have ran with wvo that contained fatty deposits

i found this out after 3 filter sessions on 25 litres , i decided to filter it once more - low and behold im still getting fat lying ontop of the filter medium. So what id ran with before had obviously contained quite a bit of fat .

its only now after 8 months on veg oil im having problems with the fuel lines blocking inside the tank .

think i will flush the tank out again in a week or 2 . see what falls out the bung hole.

Comment

that appears to be why some foeum members have had good results with a spirit based additive then!!

i really dont know the chemical composistion of wvo/svo but adding turps/white spirit/unleaded/cetane based thinners will help with further emulsifying,it sounds like new is good to go(ish) and used requires filtration, and a little extra oomph.wouldnt some fuel system cleaner which contains some form of cetane,kerosene be useful for thinning/maintaining lubricity?
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

What if any will disperse the fats then so to keep fuel lines clean .

fairy liquid is out for sure !!

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                What if any will disperse the fats then so to keep fuel lines clean .

fairy liquid is out for sure !!
                White spirit works for me and it keeps it nice and lean aswell
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                X