Wvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wvo

After chatting up me old mate Abdul it looks like i can get a decent supply of
    wvo, so how do you filter/clean yours?
    done some searching and there's everything from socks and pillow cases to 2 micron cartridge filters, cheap easy and efficient is wot i'm after, ideas?
    also found some large poly carboid storage tanks on eblag,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by POPEYE
    done some searching and there's everything from socks and pillow cases to 2 micron cartridge filters, cheap easy and efficient is wot i'm after, ideas?
    get the mrs to go and buy some new tights and when she gets home just nick them and use them to filter it or use the pillow cases
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
      get the mrs to go and buy some new tights and when she gets home just nick them and use them to filter it or use the pillow cases
      Perhaps she'd buy some tights for me then, i mean for filtering, well you know wot i mean dont ya

Comment

2 micron filters are good for that, but you must allow the wvo to settle for two days and only syphon off the brown stuff all the fat will sit at bottom, then leave that for another couple of days and do it again, then filter it out, and put it in.

Fats in the oil are very bad for fuel systems, so check how long its been used for and whats been cooked in it. If over a week itll be more difficult, as will if its got fish cooked in it.

I put white spirit in mine at 6% after syphoning off the fat cos that helps filtering being more lean, and also fires better, as you can see from my other thread,.

Hope that makes sense
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

oh and go for the pillow cases, if you suspend them up high and fill em up, theyll only run out of the bottom part so you can direct a bottle under it, the more you put in the case the quicker it runs through, gravity takes over.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Perhaps she'd buy some tights for me then, i mean for filtering, well you know wot i mean dont ya
            I did wonder if you were turning to the other side or planning a bank job

Comment

sorry for another post but if you suspend it straight, and fold up the corners and tie em up, you can get it to come out dead centre, and saves more spillage.
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I did wonder if you were turning to the other side or planning a bank job
                hehe! bank job if i had a choice, if i dont have a choice i'm not playing, dont have to sit on an open fire to know i would'nt like it

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                  sorry for another post but if you suspend it straight, and fold up the corners and tie em up, you can get it to come out dead centre, and saves more spillage.
                  cheer's Carl, i know what you mean, if i can set this thing up right and get one (or two) of those 1,000 lt tanks i can use the pillow case method as a first stage and then run it through a cartridge filter into the big tank,
                  as for his oil i think it will be fine, mainly because A&B oils who supply him take his old oil away free and the delivery guy says they sell it on to a bio fuel place, plus they say they will soon start chargeing him to remove it, not satisfied with chargeing for it and then reselling it, greedy sods, they dont sell
                  many fish dishes, aparantly not much call for it from british diners, plus it's pretty rapid turnover oil wise, i've seen some of the wvo waiting for collection and it looked very clean,

Comment

i use a 45 gallon drum with old bed sheets strapped over the top , when it stops flowing i s$$$$e the fat off with a big spoon. , i do this 3 times before using it in the tank.

Comment

Just a thought, but could you use a pond filter box and foam filter system?

Mark.....
                      Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
                        Just a thought, but could you use a pond filter box and foam filter system?

Mark.....
                        what a waste of a filter system plus i don't think the fish will like it either

Comment

hmmmm

just post whoring
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                            hmmmm

just post whoring

who me no way.....i don't know what your on about Dave

Comment

who me no way.....i don't know what your on about Dave
                              You were testing your Keyboard were'nt you
                              Attached Files
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X