Truck-bedz.... Anyone heard of them??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck-bedz.... Anyone heard of them??

I have been looking for a suitable air bed for the back of my Surf..... I wasn;t sure if anyone made such a thing, but a quick google confirmed they do exist... - an inflatable matress with the wheel wells cut out so you can put it up in the back of a truck.....

http://www.camping-gear-outlet.com/c...ear-51363.html

Here they list if for a 4runner
    http://www.truckcandy.com/TC/TruckBe...tWeekender.php
    but list it from 89 - 06

Call my tight, but I am reluctant to part with my hard earned if I am not 100% sure... 89-06 would cover Gens 2,3 and 4... is it feasable that they boot spaces and rear arches are the same over three models? or are the americans just confused as its not a ford explorer etc etc.

Anyone got any experiance of these products?
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Cool - I just use a Ready Bed, inflatible mattress, that slots into a double sleeping bag....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra

Call my tight, but I am reluctant to part with my hard earned if I am not 100% sure... 89-06 would cover Gens 2,3 and 4... is it feasable that they boot spaces and rear arches are the same over three models? or are the americans just confused as its not a ford explorer etc etc.

Anyone got any experiance of these products?
      Quite possibly, there isn't that much difference.

We got our Truck tent and the Can-back for the 4runner from Truck Candy, nice people, and definatly know what a 4Runner is!!!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I think the 3rd gen has a different size wheel arch on the passenger side!!

Comment

Yup, it is longer to make way for the filler spout, I take Gen 2s are not like this then???
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

no both arches are the same size i found this out when i got a boot carpet for a third get instead of a 2nd gen!!!

Comment

That clears that up then!!

Maybe my comment about Amercans was not that harsh then

I'll see if I can contact Truck-bedz themselves.

Edit: the fact that they refer to it as a "ForeRunner" doesn't give me huge confidence, the link then goes straigh to the tacoma one....

Should we use our Truck-bedz as a trampoline? What about as an open ocean floating swim platform? Can I use it as a dirigible if I fill it with Helium?

No and No and certainly Not. Truck-bedz are intended to be used as an indoor/outdoor sleeping platform and they are not intended to be used for other purposes. Use of Truck-bedz for purposes other than “sleeping” may void your warranty.
              They will also mathca product to measurements you send them so I'll get my tape measure out later on.
              Last edited by Karma Supra; 4 October 2007, 13:55.
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Holy Thread Revival Batman!

Well.. I ordered it... it was Ace I've not slept in a tent since....

However I just found this thread when trying to work out what version I ordered, as after years of service, a damn rat chewed through the box, plastic bad and into the mattress while it was in the garage.

Buggerit.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

cool, never see one like that before!
                  the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                  X