Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is this happening.

question for the gurus

if i drive for 10 minutes over 3000 rpm the primer top is being sucked down, therefore i break down due to fuel starvation or something.

any ideas , i know fords did this and it was the primer itself , any ideas anyone.

It mite be a blocked breather on the fuel tank.Remove the filler cap leave it off and go for drive (make sure you havent got a full tank as it will spill everywere ) and see if that stops it cutting out
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

i just took that filter off , it blows through real easy , so i guess its not that .

Comment

The thing is it mite go through the filter fine but if the tank breather is blocked when the the pump is making the level of fuel drop in the tank it presurises the tank and it will run out of fuel.The best way to explain it if you got a bottle of coke take of the lid and try and drink the contents without letting in any air you wont get very much out but stick a hole in the bottom of the bottle (which is your tank breather) and you can drink the lot without a problem
        Last edited by kiowa; 4 October 2007, 01:27.
        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

where is the tank breather located . the 1 i just blew through was a small filter up on top of the fuel tank .
          Last edited by internetsurfer; 3 October 2007, 20:35.

Comment

Linda's does the same thing every couple of months, there is $hite in the tank, and it gets sucked up the fuel lines. I blow down the pipe to the tank from the filter with a air line and its fine again. Must get round to dropping the tank and cleaning it out one day.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Linda's does the same thing every couple of months, there is $hite in the tank, and it gets sucked up the fuel lines. I blow down the pipe to the tank from the filter with a air line and its fine again. Must get round to dropping the tank and cleaning it out one day.
              iam SO glad you and linda(but especially you dude) are going to do the welsh trip,i cant think of anyone else i would rather have out in the middle of nowhere!!!!!!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                i cant think of anyone else i would rather have out in the middle of nowhere!!!!!!
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

could it be fat deposits from wvo have narrowed the fuel line and delivery isnt quick enough ????

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                      could it be fat deposits from wvo have narrowed the fuel line and delivery isnt quick enough ????
                      Could be, depends how well you've filtered the oil to clean it. We've never had any gunk in the bottom of the jerry cans, so I think our filtering is fine. Its more likely the cleaning properties of Veg on a 13 year old fuel tank is cuasing debris to come unstuck and blocking the fuel pickup.

Some times it won't do over 50, other times it'll stall and not run, it depends how much of the pickup is blocked. When you blown down the fuel line with your mouth, you can feel a blockage, then it clears and the truck runs fine. which proves to me its a blockage in the fuel line at the tank end.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks for the tips. So has the pick up got like a mesh end like the engine oil pick up in the sump ????

tonight i left the fuel cap off and she ran at 70 mph all the way home. so she must be pressurising somewhere.

Comment

Drill a small hole in the cap, theres your new breather
                          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

hole is drilled . lets see what happens now.

Comment

70 to 80 to work also back , no problems at all. this hole in the fuel cap might just be my answer. thank you surf gurus.

Comment

Working...
                              X