bonnet guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonnet guards

Was looking to buy one of these from rough trax, but i seen one on a surf a few days ago and it looked a very poor fit on the corners where it curves around the wing. has anyone else had one of these from RT and is it a good fit ?

Ive had 2! 1 for each of my Surfs & they both looked Good
    Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Yep. Bought mine from Roughtrax and it's sturdy and a very secure fit. It comes with little bump stops to prevent it from touching the bonnet and it's secured by nylon snap fittings which locate in holes already drilled in the underside of the bonnet. Go on, splash out, you know it makes sense.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Yup got one. Fit is spot on, and took about 2 minutes to do.

Go for it.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Ive had 2! 1 for each of my Surfs & they both looked Good

Marky, just thinking out loud here, but the deflector on your 3rd gen looks like it would deflect airflow over the intercooler scoop rather than into it.
          The main purpose for bonnet deflectors are deflect bugs and chippings from hitting the widscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Marky, just thinking out loud here, but the deflector on your 3rd gen looks like it would deflect airflow over the intercooler scoop rather than into it.
            The main purpose for bonnet deflectors are deflect bugs and chippings from hitting the widscreen.
            To be Honest Vince its not made a differenxce Performance wise.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by horse_flesh
              Was looking to buy one of these from rough trax, but i seen one on a surf a few days ago and it looked a very poor fit on the corners where it curves around the wing. has anyone else had one of these from RT and is it a good fit ?

I bought one, but wasn't impressed with the fit, so I took it off and now it's under the bed. When fitted the plastic is so thick it makes the bonnet pop up slightly at the vent end and when driving above 60mph, the bonnet vibrates. It looks like it may rub through the paintwork too. Save your money.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                I bought one, but wasn't impressed with the fit, so I took it off and now it's under the bed. When fitted the plastic is so thick it makes the bonnet pop up slightly at the vent end and when driving above 60mph, the bonnet vibrates. It looks like it may rub through the paintwork too. Save your money.
                Does it deflect bugs and things from going under the bed?
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                  hehe!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE

Yeah, I end up picking them out of my teeth after farting in the night...

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                      Sounds stupid as you said they aint very good.... But would you consider selling it ?

PM me if you would! Cheers mate.

Comment

I was getting STONE CHIPS on my Bonnet last Winter so i bought one
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

to keep bugs off Rod they fit them as I did cause they look smart and the fit is spot on you may need to adjust the stops to close the bonnet.
                          Brian

Comment

I never had that Problem are you sure those plastic lugs were pushed in properly.
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              I never had that Problem are you sure those plastic lugs were pushed in properly.
                              yep mate but still had to adjust slightly
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X