Water Outlet gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Outlet gasket

Does anyone know if I should use sealant on the water outlet to head gasket?

Can't find anything in my book about it.

Ta.
    Surfin' Swiss Style...

I always apply a very thin coating of Permatex (Loctite) aviation Form A Gasket to any cooling system associated gaskets. I don't think you guys have that brand over there. It's a thickish dark brown non hardening sealer which you coat the gasket with, allow to become tacky then fit together. I've used the stuff for many years and it's great. Maybe you have a similar product under another name.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
      I always apply a very thin coating of Permatex (Loctite) aviation Form A Gasket to any cooling system associated gaskets. I don't think you guys have that brand over there. It's a thickish dark brown non hardening sealer which you coat the gasket with, allow to become tacky then fit together. I've used the stuff for many years and it's great. Maybe you have a similar product under another name.

Nev
      hey nev!!
      do you want to buy a new engine saving device?
      instead of plumbing in an irrelevant circuit what you do is take a hacksaw to your keys and hey presto,you cant blow it up!!!!
      (driving is an issue at the moment,but we could get you a bongo)!!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

This is the one. You should be able to buy a smaller size. A little goes a long way.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Permatex-Aviat...mZ330170561280

Nev

Comment

Working...
        X