Phew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phew

we have had loads going on at home recently including a leaking pipe upstairs causing me to lose most of my ceilings downtairs, insurance is going to pay but we may have to move out whilst work is being done, local water authority have advised us they installed wrong size pipes when houses were built (8 years ago) so now have to dig up my garden (and neighbours) to lay bigger diameter pipes!, loads more that i won't bore you with but then the surf goes in for it's MOT and sails through, thank goodness we can rely on her
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Sounds like you might have to live in her too

A lot of bad luck, but getting sorted, no surprise the water contractors installed wrong size of pipe, the gas contractors are still doing it all the time, I'd get that checked too, while they're digging.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
      we have had loads going on at home recently including a leaking pipe upstairs causing me to lose most of my ceilings downtairs, insurance is going to pay but we may have to move out whilst work is being done, local water authority have advised us they installed wrong size pipes when houses were built (8 years ago) so now have to dig up my garden (and neighbours) to lay bigger diameter pipes!, loads more that i won't bore you with but then the surf goes in for it's MOT and sails through, thank goodness we can rely on her
      compensation is how many £££thousands?

get a lawyer on the case and get what you can.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

$$$$$$ contractors!
        hope it all works out well.. may be if you get a lawyer asap, you can claim for moving out whilst the works are going on? live it up in a b&b or a hotel with a bar down the hall way!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

there right i worked for loss adjusters (for 9 years) and they pay out for this sort of thing all the time what ever it cost to live with out your house they have to pay up
          get legal advise asap
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK
            there right i worked for loss adjusters (for 9 years) and they pay out for this sort of thing all the time what ever it cost to live with out your house they have to pay up
            get legal advise asap
            thanks for advice guys - as i live in quite a remote area the insurance have advised my nearest hotel is nice country club and spa (posh and becks have been known to fly in) so in terms of schools and stuff we may have to stay there ! - what a shame that would be, it looks bl**dy lovely, have got legal advice for the water pipe issue, sounds like i may be in for a few grand hopefully, trouble is i'll want it for surf bits and mrs b will want it for spas and massages once she gets accustomed to them !
            Bunkle
            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Working...
            X