Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France here we come

Hiya
    we (missus and me) shall be off to france soon ( all being well) for good, so Im asking if anyone is looking to buy a car( not my surf) citroen xsara 2002 good condition ,low milage
    pm me for more info

i suggest you take it with you. its french, theyre french and they will get on fine
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

yes your right french in almost every sense but ours is handicapped , it was born with a steering wheel in the wrong place ,,,,awww

Comment

thats the french for you. did you know they drive on the wrong side of the road as well? absolute nutters i tell ya
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

And the roundabouts are real scary.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            And the roundabouts are real scary.
            try driving a double deck coach around paris

man that is far out!!!

(but not a scary as rome)
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

not only that but they talk funny

Comment

Originally posted by gillcover
                Hiya
                we (missus and me) shall be off to france soon ( all being well) for good, so Im asking if anyone is looking to buy a car( not my surf) citroen xsara 2002 good condition ,low milage
                pm me for more info
                Hi,
                Where are you off to?
                The missus and I are looking at going permanently next year.

Ken
                [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Hi Ken
                  We are going to dept 61 which is Orne its near a small village called Ciral
                  about 30 mins from alencon. Went over last week to view the property for the second time and put in an offer which has been accepted ,so all systems go. Its a 12 acre lake with a house, 15 acres in all loads of work to do before we can actually live in it tho We want to open up a carp fishery. Where are you thinking of going ,any idea's , its all a bit scarey thats for sure
                  have you been on the french expats forums they can be helpful.

Comment

A bit further south than you, Dept 85 - The Vendee.
                    We need the sunshine!

Down there for the third time in 3 years this year and after seeing some of their new properties and the price they're asking finally convinced the missus!

You're right, it's a bit scary but not as scary as staying here is likely to be.

Been doing a lot of research, at first glance it's frightening but when you look into it, most of it is common sense and a willingness to fit in.

Not thinking of a business just a better way to spend our retirement.

We must pass quite close to where you're going when we head south.

Good luck with the fishery and let us know how you get on.

Ken
                    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

HI
                      yes I'll let you know how things go and when we get over there maybe you could pop in for a cuppa , if you bring the tea bags ha ha , are you taking the surf ?

Comment

Tea bags on their way but, if it works out, maybe fish & chips on the menu?

Have to take the surf as it's the only one that knows the way!

In 3 years I've only ever seen one other over there and that, like mine, was BURGUNDY. Logical really as Burgundy is a area of France.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                        X