Made the connection yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made the connection yet?

Cigarettes can only be sold to over 18s from today (as against over 16s) = reduction in tax revenue.

Fuel tax up 2p a litre today = increase in tax revenue.

Coincidence? I dont think so...

Tories promises of tax reductions (and increases for rich foreigners living in UK) might see them getting my vote! Brown and his cronies are really pushing the limits...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I agree with you mate!

I dont like smoke, but i dont have a problem with someone who wants to smoke! Its there choice.

If you ask me, this 18 an over on cigarettes etc, Is just going to create a huge boom in underage smoking!!

I heard on the radio today, the reason for the price hike in fuel is to put out the correct "enviromental message"

Also dont forget, April will see a 2nd 2p tax rise.

Its not just us who will suffer, its any poor s*d that has a car!! some people need these things!

Also, whats going to happen when we all get taxed so much that we dont use our cars? I mean, sure for a while those who still use there car will be putting there tax money into public transport (in thereoy) But what happens when everyone stops using them? Wheres the funding going to come from then?

Plus if the motorway tolls go ahead at £1.50 a mile in peak times.... we are going to face congested A roads, The motorways were made to free up the A roads.... c'mon!! The way things are going even the Red arrows wont be able to perform at the olympics because its too british.... Ohhh hang on!!

Comment

Remember, when fuel goes up, everything goes up, because evrything is delivered by transport that uses fosil fuel.

So not only are we facing higher fuel bills, but food costs will increase, and all the service industries will have to pass their increased fuel costs onto the consumer, ie; you and me! Thanks Labour gov........you f**king scumbag tw*ts!

Do the labour gov not realise that the whole country depends on their cars/vans/lorries to get to work??

I'd look a right pr*t trying to get all my tools on the bus!

We need our vehicles to earn a living, and this government is stragling businesses into bancruptcy!
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

While we're all talking about the tax rises. Our attentions are very successfully being diverted from other changes to the law which funnily come into force today. That even your local council and the tax man can access transcripts of ALL your electronic comunications whereas before only the police and mi5/6 could.

Stasi eat your heart out.

Comment

" A good day to bury bad news"
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I would make a reference to "Big Brother" unfortunately these days 99% of people think I am talking about moron TV hosted by that god awful Davina woman.
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

i fully agree its all tax tax tax for the so called greener good
              a cow farts more toxic gases out a week than i give out in my surf while smoking my head off
              1 quid a litre its going to by end of next year
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
                even your local council and the tax man can access transcripts of ALL your electronic comunications whereas before only the police and mi5/6 could.

Stasi eat your heart out.
                Not transcripts -
                phone number from/to
                Name of registered owner of phone
                Start/end times of call
                Location of caller and receiver

Content won't be recorded at the moment, although I suspect this is down to storage issues rather than any considerations of privacy

If hard-drive space continues to get cheaper, then expect content to start being recorded.
                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
                  Not transcripts -
                  phone number from/to
                  Name of registered owner of phone
                  Start/end times of call
                  Location of caller and receiver

Content won't be recorded at the moment, although I suspect this is down to storage issues rather than any considerations of privacy

If hard-drive space continues to get cheaper, then expect content to start being recorded.
                  You'd have to change your signature then Peter, you're no longer a free man lol. This country is slowly becoming some Orwell nightmare, you can't do anything without being watched. Everything has to be censored incase you offend someone. Who's up for a revolution? not long until the 5th of November
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
                    Who's up for a revolution? not long until the 5th of November
                    We'd have to do our NVQs and apply for a licence pending an HSE evaluation of our proposed activities. I recon if we did that we'd probably be legal.

Comment

I would be pi$$ed off if I was 17 1/2, just think
                      1. Cannot legally buy cigarettes
                      2. Cannot legally purchase alcohol or drink
                      3. Cannot vote the current morons out of office
                      4. BUT still be sent to fight some stupid war in a far off god awful place!
                      Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X