international pajero rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• international pajero rescue

well i had my first rescue mission today.
    went out off roading again today around cleobury mortimer with my mate in his pajero, everything was going great untill we went up one lane and all of a sudden the pajero sunk into a 3 foot ditch and grounded out. After 30 mins of trying, i managed to tow it out backwards.
    smurf --1
    pajero---0

no doubt he will return the favour when we go to toms farm in a couple of weeks

ill put pics up later when ive loaded them
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Originally posted by animal
    well i had my first rescue mission today.
    went out off roading again today around cleobury mortimer with my mate in his pajero, everything was going great untill we went up one lane and all of a sudden the pajero sunk into a 3 foot ditch and grounded out. After 30 mins of trying, i managed to tow it out backwards.
    smurf --1
    pajero---0

no doubt he will return the favour when we go to toms farm in a couple of weeks

ill put pics up later when ive loaded them
    give yourself a pat on the back
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
      give yourself a pat on the back
      give yourself a pat on the back,give your surf an admiring glance,and above all remeber the first rule of off roading!!!!

let someone else go first
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

that was my plan, if he goes first i know if ill make it

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
          give yourself a pat on the back,give your surf an admiring glance,and above all remeber the first rule of off roading!!!!

let someone else go first

Ha ha ha does help though as you can guage whats good an no so good. Great for me being a learner to all this. Had to work out which gear was best to use all for meself today (don't laff I am new to this) - was a good lesson an taught me alot.
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
            Ha ha ha does help though as you can guage whats good an no so good. Great for me being a learner to all this. Had to work out which gear was best to use all for meself today (don't laff I am new to this) - was a good lesson an taught me alot.
            but bibs how much fun (on a scale of 1 to 10) did you have!!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

http://www.glowfoto.com/users3/anima....php?aid=35483

theres the link to todays pics from off roading in cleobury

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                but bibs how much fun (on a scale of 1 to 10) did you have!!

1000000000000000 what a buzz

Comment

I was told by a off road instructor that when you use low gears sick to 2nd for most stuff and 1st for going down steep inclines when you need the engine braking. for bigger or steeper climbs you might wanna try 3rd so you get the speed with less chance of spinning the wheels. has worked for me so far. I do love my manual!
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                    I was told by a off road instructor that when you use low gears sick to 2nd for most stuff and 1st for going down steep inclines when you need the engine braking. for bigger or steeper climbs you might wanna try 3rd so you get the speed with less chance of spinning the wheels. has worked for me so far. I do love my manual!
                    Good advice - I learnt that brakes are nothin an tis all in the gearing - if it's not too steep, in 2nd an off ya go. An dont change gear going down hill as as soon as ya dip the clutch ya speed up rapidly

(I know this is prob basic stuff but I didnt know.)

Comment

Yup, dipping the clutch on the downhill is a very quick learning curve
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Good advice - I learnt that brakes are nothin an tis all in the gearing - if it's not too steep, in 2nd an off ya go. An dont change gear going down hill as as soon as ya dip the clutch ya speed up rapidly

(I know this is prob basic stuff but I didnt know.)
                        it all starts at the basics, it when people forget these you get in to trouble. Now you know the basics you will be able to start going any where. The only trouble is you will need to try till you get stuck to feel you have really tried !
                        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                        X